Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NEC/TTi System Appreciation Thread (PCE, TG16, SG, PC-FX, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    If some of these devs announced reprints of these games or other classic games I'd be the first to pre-order them.
    Speaking of that, don't get fooled by some of those fancy bootlegs on PCE.

Since it rarely gets mentioned, what do guys think of Saint Dragon? I have seen bad reviews of the PCE port but I think they're being too harsh on it. It's far from arcade perfect but it plays well and captures the atmosphere. If you want a shooter that's a bit different than the spaceship or cutesy ones, it's worth checking out.

PC Engine version

Arcade version

Amiga version

Atari ST version

3. It plays well, I recall the sound effects becoming annoying after awhile. Partially think reviewers are put off by the art style ala Psychosis and Somer Assault.

Recommend W-Ring and Override for decent obscure shooters.

4. I have not had a chance to play Saint Dragon yet, but I will definitely give it a try. I did get to put some more time into Ys I yesterday. I think I'm somewhere around 1/3 - 1/2 way through the game and I'm still really digging it. The only thing I find a little dodgy are the boss battles, and how much difference 1 or 2 levels can make with them. It feels like you go from being underpowered fighting a boss to way overpowered fighting the same boss, with just going up 1 or 2 levels. Other than that I'm really into what Ys is putting down. I'm going to take a picture later today for the haul thread but my Japanese copies of Ys Books I + II, III, and IV, as well as the Vita version of Memories of Celceta came in the mail. I wanted to own copies of the games myself and the Japanese releases were significantly cheaper than the US ones.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Yeah, what I did with Ys 4 is buy the Japanese version, put one of the two cd inserts into the jewel case and put the English fan translation into it too.

6. Damn, I wish I still had my turbo/pce stuff.

7. Me too

I just wish I had the difference between what I sold it for and what I could now.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Yeah, what I did with Ys 4 is buy the Japanese version, put one of the two cd inserts into the jewel case and put the English fan translation into it too.
    That is a really good idea. I think I'll do the same with these!
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I just wish I had the difference between what I sold it for and what I could now.
    I wish I still had that Dracula X and Lords of Thunder.