Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31315161718 LastLast

Thread: NEC/TTi System Appreciation Thread (PCE, TG16, SG, PC-FX, etc.)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    So I'm kind of getting sick of sitting on the floor 2 inches from my tv because the Duo controller cords are short as shit.
    lol, welcome to the fold, brother.

NEC figured out how to nickel and dime their customers to death with DLC over 15 years before that business model became the industry standard, only they parted out the fucking hardware. Want to not be irradiated in front of the TV? Better buy an Official Extension Cord! Want to play with friends? Gonna need a Turbo Tap! Hoping for stereo sound or (admittedly excellent) composite video? Here's an expensive-ass Turbo Booster!

The Genesis/32X/Sega CD chimera had nothing on our machine of choice.

Actual cord length depicted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. I actually have most of that stuff pictured, except for the CD add on, and Arcade stick. For my TG16 I have the extension cable, multitap, and AV Booster. I never really played my TG16 much because I only had like 3 or 4 games for it for a long ass time. I have to say though now that I'm playing more of the games for it, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite systems. I spent a bunch of time with Mr. Heli which is a ton of fun, and really different from your typical shooter, and I'm also just about done with Ys I.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I have that stick, it's fucking terrible. I got it for free since it was broken and I paid too much.

4. While it feels like trolling on a titanic scale, watch Turbo prices skyrocket if it ever happens.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I actually have most of that stuff pictured, except for the CD add on, and Arcade stick. For my TG16 I have the extension cable, multitap, and AV Booster. I never really played my TG16 much because I only had like 3 or 4 games for it for a long ass time. I have to say though now that I'm playing more of the games for it, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite systems. I spent a bunch of time with Mr. Heli which is a ton of fun, and really different from your typical shooter, and I'm also just about done with Ys I.
    I got rid of my multitap a long time ago. I've had my TG-16 since the early 90s, with the AV Booster (Got if for like $5) and 8 games. I have Military Madness, The Legendary Axe, Keith Courage in Alpha Zones, KLAX, Galaga '90, Alien Crush, Dungeon Explorer and Sidearms. The CD add-on was just way too expensive back in the day, so I never got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    While it feels like trolling on a titanic scale, watch Turbo prices skyrocket if it ever happens.
    The prices have been going up for quite some time.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...TG-16&_sacat=0

JJ and Jeff used to be a $5 title. Now look at the price!
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Feb 2016 at 10:46 PM.

6. So what is the easiest way to get better video output from a Duo? Composite isn't doing it for me.

You can do pretty much everything outside of HDMI relatively easy, what's your preferred video connection? Also, do you have mod skills?

8. I have some mod skills, but closer to a noob than a master. Component is my jam for now since I don't have a BVM/PVM. I can always get a converter/cable tho from RGB to Comp.

9. There's a couple RGB AMP boards out there and modders. I just bought the one from Voultar, because it uses the 7374 amp vs the 7314, and it has C-Sync for the RGB, which the McKris amp doesn't have. I need to replace the McKris one in mine. You could try hitting up KeithCourage on the PCFX Forums or Facebook to have him do it (I think he'll do Component as well, I don't think it's hard to go RGB to component, but you'd need more work done to the case). I had good luck with Keith working on mine, but SSJN was not so lucky. Voultar I think does the mod as well, and he does really fucking good work, probably the best I've seen out there, but I think he is swamped with jobs.

The RGB mod for a Duo, involves replacing the 5 pin din with an 8 pin one (not sure where you source this), but they're the same size so no case modding. Then you need to do this

Along with taping a spot for ground and 5v. Those go to the amp board and then to the new Din.

Here's McKris's board (which may be using the 7374 on his new stuff)

and this is Voultar's http://voultar.com/index.php?route=p...&product_id=53

If you component mod it, you'd have to do something like this.

If you just RGB mod it then this is what it looks like with just the 8-pin din

Not sure what the button is on that picture maybe it's a region mod or something.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.