Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 74848687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cringe/Beta/Omega Thread

1. Real playas are Epsilon.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    MRA forums are really pretty fascinating. I spent a week reading them to try to wrap my head around them and they're really sad. Interestingly, they've managed to convince themselves that almost anyone who actually has success with women is a beta, unless he's a stud with a new girl every weekend. They call themselves alphas, despite none of them having girlfriends, because feminism has made women turn away from alphas. It's really strange, really depressing shit.
    The Sadboys Club.

I'm noticing that any time I disagree with a self identified feminist (male or female) on Facebook about a thing, the go-to insults hurled out of the gate are MRA and White Male. It's reflexive shutdown attempt shit at this point. The exact coin flip happens when you disagree with one of those dudes, it's hilarious how close they are. It's all become this 'performative virtue signaling' act to impress like minded folks instead of a real people conversation.

I just hope for mass suicides on both sides.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 23 Mar 2017 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. "we gave them all guns and now they're just making out"
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Redpill/MRA shit appeals to authority with a mix of clinical and made up/coded terminology. Whether you want to call it pseudoscientific or cult/religious is sort of immaterial.

I've almost never heard alpha/beta actually applied correctly to humans. It's usually just a way to frame humans as "animals" and social standing as innate. It's total horseshit basically 100% of the time.

MRA forums are really pretty fascinating. I spent a week reading them to try to wrap my head around them and they're really sad. Interestingly, they've managed to convince themselves that almost anyone who actually has success with women is a beta, unless he's a stud with a new girl every weekend. They call themselves alphas, despite none of them having girlfriends, because feminism has made women turn away from alphas. It's really strange, really depressing shit.
    I read MRA and incel forums maybe once a month or so. I can't tolerate it much more than that because it's such a circlejerk. On the other hand, reddits like TrollXChromosomes are unbearable in a different way. Problem is, MRA boards are basically the new equivalent of /pedofriends - it's an internet cover for borderline criminal behavior and mentality. Victimization of the self, mixed with "the world owes me" attitudes, paired with a healthy dose of sexual disfunction.....I wish reddit would get with it and shut some of these places out. As annoying as the SJW/feminist stuff can be, it is rarely a cover for overtly criminal behavior. The MRA stuff is really the closest thing we have to precrime detection from Minority Report right now - there are obvious and glaring signs that some of these individuals are dangerous and unhinged and I know cybercrime units are focused on BLM right now, but I wish there would be some pressure on reddit closing those subreddits up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Why do you good people do this to yourselves.

6. hmmmm I mean, internet culture is sort of my "thing," and I've been reading 4chan and the like since it started. It's fascinating how the "nerd" culture has evolved over time. I'm surprised that we don't have any constitution-thumping MRAs here, but on the other hand we're all a little older than those types usually are. And, ngl, most of us are a bit more successful life-wise than those types usually are as well.

Unfortunately I feel like geek and nerd culture at a pretty awkward, damaging point right now - an outspoken individual online isn't just an attention whore (male or female, btw) anymore, they've likely monetized their opinions into youtube and twitter political and social discourse. That's very unique and hasn't happened in prior internet generations. It's interesting, and worth watching. But still exhausting.

7. Everybody wanna be a nerd till it's time to do Nerd Shit.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    hmmmm I mean, internet culture is sort of my "thing," and I've been reading 4chan and the like since it started. It's fascinating how the "nerd" culture has evolved over time. I'm surprised that we don't have any constitution-thumping MRAs here, but on the other hand we're all a little older than those types usually are. And, ngl, most of us are a bit more successful life-wise than those types usually are as well.
    FWIW, TNL's always seemed to attract more high-functioning nerds than other places I've seen. Most of the people here are married and have careers and aren't the typical dungeon trolls.

Of course we don't talk about games as much as we used to...

9. True! Even our resident dungeon trolls are still good people.

10. Wait what?

Click for full size
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt