Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 76868889909192 LastLast

Thread: The Cringe/Beta/Omega Thread

Yeller, have you considered professional help? I would like to think trading gay brown people for movie rape was an abvious jest but here I am reading accusations of death spirals.

For someone that loves the laughing emote, you're taking a lot of comments seriously.

2. I'll have you know that is a standard smiley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I'll have you know
    I'll tell you hwat!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Abviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Also, the word nerd doesn't mean anything anymore. Back in the day it meant you were shunned for being smarter than others.

Now it means you buy scifi shit. Or you're.a loser.

If you aren't good at a fucking thing, you're a loser that buys toys. You're not a nerd.
    I feel like the nerds who are self proclaimed gate keepers actually do base it on scifi purchases or how long you've read comic books or whatever.

6. I wonder how the character Pat would be received today?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Not well, judging by some friend's tweets.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I feel like the nerds who are self proclaimed gate keepers actually do base it on scifi purchases or how long you've read comic books or whatever.
    The fact that nerd-cred means something positive enough that it has gate-keepers at all speaks volumes to how much the word has changed. Now it's more about fandom. But a guy like, say John Carmack, who is the embodiment of what that word used to mean... There's not even really a word for that anymore.

9. Successful?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The fact that nerd-cred means something positive enough that it has gate-keepers at all speaks volumes to how much the word has changed. Now it's more about fandom. But a guy like, say John Carmack, who is the embodiment of what that word used to mean... There's not even really a word for that anymore.
    The uncool stuff is now cool. What's uncool now?

My point was just that IP defined a nerd as someone with a skill of some sort but it seems even the self proclaimed nerds seem to define it based on their choice of consumption. Maybe there is a group of a Carmack types scoffing at those people I don't know.