Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 64 Appreciation or Lack Thereof Thread

1. The N64 and GBA SP are the only two I could never imagine giving up.

I may look into the HDMI deal just for my Wrasslemans games.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

I'm very interested in seeing the quality of the upscaling, as well as how it gets its video input since not all systems have rgb internally. A svideo signal upscaled to high res isn't going to look very good.

Assuming it looks legit would you like to solder my n64 into a HD beast? I refuse to solder. It's a point of pride.

4. I've got sol but I'm not a solder.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Assuming it looks legit would you like to solder my n64 into a HD beast? I refuse to solder. It's a point of pride.
    Depends on how difficult the install ends up being. FWIW the rgb mod is stupid easy.

6. Yeah I doubt this upscaling stuff is going to look anywhere near as good as RGB.

The N64's biggest graphical problems can't be fixed by simply changing the output signal, though.

In most games, fog's still going to be everywhere, and the frame rate's still going to be dog shit.

If someone figured out how to overclock the N64 and get better frame rates out of the games, that would be a much bigger benefit than HDMI or even RGB.
    Last edited by jyoung; 28 Feb 2014 at 06:26 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Yeah, the Wii U does that.

But that means having to buy a Wii U.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    But that means having to buy a Wii U.
    Oh, you're one of them. I'm sure there is some netflix thread you could shit up.

9. Netflix, coincidentally, is the thing that would have to die on the Wii for me to consider getting a Wii U.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. It looks like it includes a DVI port as well, which is nice for me since nothing I own accepts HDMI.

I'd much rather have a DVI adapter for GC, though. It's such a waste to have the digital video port used for nothing but analog formats.