Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 64 Appreciation or Lack Thereof Thread

1. It was completely the opposite for me. Mario RPG was always a little EHHH, but Paper Mario was perfect. i had completely forgotten about College Friend raving about Paper Mario and going out and buying it and then actually beating it right away unlike so many Playstation games
    Donk

2. Yeah! It was long, long ago. Paper Mario was criticized by RPGamer and RPGFan as a baby game. Pre-rendering was soooo cool at the end of the 16-bits. Paper Mario looked like a KID'S game.

Alright, so Nintendo Japan always had a few weird titles. Mother, For the Frog the Bell Tolls, Marvelous, all those adventure games on Famicom and later BS Satellite, but the end of the N64 was when desperation started sinking in, and the weird shit started seeping into the main series. Paper Mario and Majora's Mask were the two games where i went from thinking Nintendo was alright but i was TOO OLD FOR THAT BABY STUFF to where i started thinking "Wow, Nintendo can make weird stuff i like too!"
    Donk

3. NEOZEEDEATER WHERE DID YOUR POSTA GO. NOW I JUST LOOK CRAZY.
    Donk

Paper Mario is so much more charming than weird and ugly Super Mario RPG.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    NEOZEEDEATER WHERE DID YOUR POSTA GO. NOW I JUST LOOK CRAZY.
    You must be imagining things...

I thought I erased it quick enough as your post after that sort of answered my question. I thought you were saying you thought Paper Mario looked shittier than Mario RPG.

And Quest 64 always looked like ass. So did Aidyn Chronicles for N64 RPGs. I remember applying to be a tester on that one but didn't get in.

6. Baby game my ass. I may have enjoyed playing Mario RPG more than Paper Mario, but the art direction and creativity in presentation blew Mario RPG away completely.

James

7. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    For the record WCW World Tour was a Playstation game, not an N64 game.
    is that so?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

I had it for my n64. I know that's anecdotal and all.

9. Korly just got told imo

#TeamTekken