Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 64 Appreciation or Lack Thereof Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    It's because the N64's joystick was not truly analog. It has something like 200+ possible positions it can detect, but it's not fully analog.

That is why modern emulations don't feel the same when you are using a real analog controller.
    Isn't that on the side of the emulator-designers? Seems like that's within the scope of things that could be programmed into the way the emulator picks up the analog input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Castlevania 64 was more interesting than any other 3D Castlevanias on the PS2 or Xbox. I'm sure its unplayable now but back in the day, I was into it. I like the title screen music as well.
    It was kind of horrible to actually play even back then, but the castle layout and timed ideas were interesting. From what I've been told the second version was a lot better. Still not sure I believe that.

3. Loved the Nintendo 64, despite the high price for games here in the UK (£60). Found a whole bunch of great gems through uninformed purchases, my favourite easily being "Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon". Setting at the time was really unique for me, and I absolutely loved the Giant Mecha boss fights. Played nothing quite like it back then. Plus the music was brilliant, especially "Kai Highway", shit got stuck in my head for weeks way back when I was a kid.

4. N64 was the last Nintendo home console I bought.

I enjoyed Mario 64, Mario Kart, Goldeneye, and WCW vs. nWo: World Tour.

I pre-ordered two for launch. All the promise of an arcade perfect version of Killer Instinct every time I played KI in the arcades killed the N64 for me after I got over Mario 64.

When the controller worked, it felt really good. Most of the time it didn't come close (d-pad) and was really terrible.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

The best version of Bangaioh is in the 64. That's enough to make it a great system.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    How is Blast Corps best left to gaming's foggy anus?
    Totally sick. Now go get all platinums.

P.S. You can not unless you use the glitch, then fuck you

7. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    All the promise of an arcade perfect version of Killer Instinct every time I played KI in the arcades killed the N64 for me after I got over Mario 64.
    This is 1000% why I dislike the N64. It is built on lies and horror.

8. I was always a SEGA person growing up, but the SNES changed my mind. Sad that Nintendo's next release was probably my least favorite console I've owned. Oh well, I really only feel like I've missed out on the Mario Galaxy games.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. The GameCube was spectacular, IMO.

I never understood why they didn't take another run on KI/Crusin' when they had hardware with the gasoline to actually run the games. Too tied up with Rare, I guess.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 30 Jul 2013 at 06:02 PM.

10. Well, MS has owned the Killer Instinct brand since they bought Rare. Cruis'n is a Midway property.

Nowadays we drown in 3rd person shooters but I really enjoyed Jet Force Gemini back in the day. It was like a precursor to Fur Fighters.

Also: Tetrisphere is awesome.