Thread: The Wake (Scott Snyder & Sean Murphy)

1. The Wake (Scott Snyder & Sean Murphy)

I've linked the main image to the preview for the first issue but so far you can grab the first 3 issues which are out now.

Anyway, it's pretty riveting stuff. It seems like a straight forward underwater horror story with killer Mermen/Merpeople but there also seems to be a bigger meta story happening in the background which has weirder stuff going on involving Mars, possible alien artifacts, and a futuristic dystopia. Sean Murphy is illustrating it and it looks great, really detailed and gritty but not overly so. I'd also say that conceptually it borrows from that fake documentary "Mermaids, The Body Found" mixed in with the Peter Weller Leviathan movie but.....much much better than those combined.

If you've liked Scott Snyder's writing in American Vampire (and Batman) then you'll definitely dig this.

2. I was thinking about magazines and how the fact that they arrived periodically (monthly, for instance) as this physical package that would make my day. I would read magazines cover and cover, refer to them endlessly, share them with others and quote them aloud. I can tell you exactly where I was in my life for many, many Nintendo Power and Next Generation issues based on their covers alone. For instance, I could tell you that I was reading the NextGen issue with Ready 2 Rumble (2?) on the cover at a family reuinion after I had a Dreamcast, and it was a dry, draught-y summer.

3. One of these days Alice...

4. Issue 5 just came out and I've really enjoyed it. Issue 6 starts a major shift in the story which looks really exciting.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Issue 5 just came out and I've really enjoyed it. Issue 6 starts a major shift in the story which looks really exciting.
    I'm just one issue behind but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what that future back story aspect is all about.

6. 6 finally came out last week!

7. #7 is out, didn't have to wait forever for it!

8. I would read magazines cover and cover, refer to them endlessly, share them with others and quote them aloud. I can tell you exactly where I was in my life for many, many Nintendo Power and Next Generation issues based on their covers alone

We are the pioneers in providing Testking cscs study guide dumps and Testking ssat exam tutorials with exam pass guarantee. Download our latest testkingccie hood.edu questions to pass real exam caltech.edu
    Last edited by lucylee378; 12 Mar 2015 at 03:02 AM.
    **SignaturE**