Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71719202122 LastLast

Thread: The Best Little XSEED Thread: Now With 100% More Tutturu☆

When am I not displaying cuntish behavior?

For years the best jrpgs were locked away on shit handhelds. Now it is your turn to be deprived.

Cross platform release would have probably been ok too. Maybe.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    When am I not displaying cuntish behavior?
    A fair point.

For years the best jrpgs were locked away on shit handhelds. Now it is your turn to be deprived.
    A lot of that is the function of the J in JRPG. That market has been trending more towards handhelds since forever. Plus, it's a genre that really lends itself towards short burst sessions in the train or the shitter.

Of course, we're now moving towards a future where everything not produced by Sony or Nintendo ends up on PC anyways, so it's all pretty much moot.

Cross platform release would have probably been ok too. Maybe.
    This would be the happiest ending, and I doubt it would have broken the bank for Xseed.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. NISA: Release dates of Ys VIII (US & EU)

PS4 & Vita: September 12 (US), September 15 (EU)
    PC: September 12 (both)
    Steam page with video. Toshihiro Kondo talks about the game, in Japanese with subtitles.
    It will be in both English & French.
    "Please enjoy Ys VIII. Good night."

I'd like to see XSEED get Ys 7 & MoC onto PC/PS4 at 60 FPS someday, even if these two have no graphic improvements outside of higher resolutions. These two could be $19.99 titles like Xanadu Next. Rather than starting with the existing Chinese versions, they should do their own port (as is going on with Trails of Cold Steel).
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 30 May 2017 at 12:36 AM.

4. Zwei II? Finally. From XSEED.

It's been a good year for Falcom. The fan translation of Zwei II+ may not have happened, but at least XSEED is making an official release of it.

Coming to Steam (maybe even GOG?), Zwei II+ will be released as Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection. It will be playable at E3 2017 (6/13-6/15).
    One twist here is that XP isn't gained from killing enemies but instead from eating food (which still does restore health).

No release is planned so far for the first Zwei, but Z II is supposed to be on its way this summer. I'm guessing a price of $20.

Story @ RPGSite
    There is a nice, new steampunk influenced logo for the XSEED release.

5. Trails of Cold Steel PC version date confirmed: July.

Trails of Cold Steel Steam page

The system requirements don't look too steep, at least for CPU. The GPU is probably what matters most. I'd guess GTX 970/980 is recommended for High 1440p @ 60, or 1080 Ti for High 4K @ 60.

Minimum:
    Processor: Intel Atom x7-Z8700 2.4 GHz
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: Shader Model 5 (GeForce 400 / Radeon HD 5000 / Intel post-2012 series)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Storage: 15 GB available space
    Additional Notes: 1280x720 / 30 FPS with portable settings

Recommended:
    Processor: Intel i3 3 GHz
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: Geforce GTX 770 / Radeon R9 280X
    DirectX: Version 11
    Storage: 15 GB available space
    Additional Notes: 1920x1080 / 60 FPS with high settings

6. that's sound good

7. Trails of Cold Steel is a fantastic game. I still need to finish it so I can move on to part II.

For anybody who hasn't played it yet though, and is considering playing it, just be warned that there is a ton of dialog to read through. I can literally sit down, and play this game for an hour without getting to any actual gameplay. So, it very much has a visual novel element to it.

8. Falcom president wants us to get the mising Kiseki/Trails games.

Falcom President wants to release missing The Legend of Heroes games in the West (source: DualShockers)

Falcom's president Toshihiro Kondo agrees that TLOH VII (Zero & Ao) should come out in the West. He's in search of a partner (XSEED?) to make it happen. Same goes for the Vita Evolution editions of the TLOH games. Also, Trails of Cold Steel III looks certain to him.

Until now, Falcom has been able to do everything in-house with 50 or so people. But having switched to PS4, they now need help from outside companies.

This news looks good, and does fit well with the recent rush of Falcom games coming out here (including some games getting PC ports).

BTW, whoever is porting Trails of Cold Steel to PC seems to be doing a damn good job with it.

9. GET READY: Cold Steel release date: 8/2. Final Answer.

Trails of Cold Steel on PC has a release date at last: August 2. It's $40, but with a launch discount knocking it down to $36. It's worth it for 1440p or better, 60 FPS, and the extra voice acting.

Besides Steam, it will be on GOG & Humble Store.

10. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Trails of Cold Steel is a fantastic game. I still need to finish it so I can move on to part II.

For anybody who hasn't played it yet though, and is considering playing it, just be warned that there is a ton of dialog to read through. I can literally sit down, and play this game for an hour without getting to any actual gameplay. So, it very much has a visual novel element to it.
    It really is, and long too. Just finished Chapter 5 at 73hrs.