Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6161819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Best Little XSEED Thread: Now With 100% More Tutturu☆

1. The 3rd has already had its translation finished, and it is at 13.23% edited. I wouldn't rule out a release by April as long as things go well.

I found Ys Celceta & Seven on Steam Greenlight. Zero & Ao are also listed, just punch in "Legend of Heroes" on your search. XSEED is not the publisher- it's Joyoland. That said, hopefully they can work a deal with XSEED at least on the Ys games. Just use XSEED's translation, omit the SecuROM DRM that is in the Chinese versions (just use Steamworks if anything), restore the lost light/shadow effects in Celceta (an unofficial English patch for the Chinese Celceta will also do that, while making the game run 60 FPS), and that's about all that needs done.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 05 Jan 2017 at 03:54 PM.

2. On my most recent trip home, I couldn't find ToCS 2 anywhere. Department stores, electronics stores, GameStop, mom and pops... All of them have either stopped carrying Vita games or relegated them to a neglected corner. Amazon is like the unofficial exclusive retailer now.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. Shame about the way retailers are treating the Vita now.

Japan finally has an exact release date for Lacrimosa of Dana on PS4: 5/25.

Better frame rates (60 FPS is target), higher resolution, better graphics and controls, anti-aliasing, point light, soft shadow, volumetric lighting, and other enhancements will be in this version of Ys 8.
    SOURCE: Siliconera

Hopefully XSEED has been working on the translation already. It'd be nice to see a joint Vita-PS4 release within mere months of the Japanese PS4 one.

4. Treasure Not XSEED but still relevant, it's about Falcom games.

Tokyo Xanadu's US version for PS4 & PC (Steam) will in fact be the eX+ upgrade. Vita will be the base game but hopefully DLC will be available.

TX will be from Aksys, not XSEED. For PS4, the Standard edition is $60 and the Limited edition is $150. LE includes a White Shroud statue, a Blade card game deck, a 60 page artbook, a soundtrack CD, and a collector's box. The planned release date is Fall 2017 (Amazon says 11/24).

The Vita one will come June 30 (SE $40, LE $70). The Vita LE will include the Blade deck, the artbook, the CD, the collector's box, and a 5" Morimaru plush. I'll be getting both the Vita & PC ones. Aksys promises 40+ hours of gameplay on the Vita version. There's more play time on the PC/PS4 eX+ versions thanks to added scenarios (you unlock a new quest by beating the main game).

It seems that Joyoland's versions of Ys Seven/Celceta & Zero/Ao no Kiseki have been removed from Steam Greenlight, for whatever reason.

5. Trails of Cold Steel: No PS3? No problem. It's coming to PC. And... The 3rd on The 3rd.

Trails of Cold Steel will be coming to PC this summer, with the sequel also planned at a later date. There will be another 5000 voiced lines of dialogue, about 50% more than on PS3. All I need on top of that is 60 FPS (PS3 runs @ 30), enhanced draw distance, and uncapped resolution.

And Trails in the Sky the 3rd? Yes, it's coming on the 3rd. May 3. Steam, GOG, & Humble Store will offer it for $29.99.

Ys 8 has a date of 9/26 (not by XSEED, but by NISA. Still bears mentioning here).

Looks like we're all caught up on Legend of Heroes except for Trails of Zero & Blue. The best bet here would be that these get ported to PS4 which could lead to PC versions or at least a US PS4 release.

Here's a comparison of the PS3 & Windows versions of ToCS 1. Rean's silent dialogue here is now voiced.

6. I'm glad they're not gonna bother porting it to Vita. Since, you know, a lot of us played the first two entries on Vita. It's not like JRPGs are a natural fit for handhelds or anything like that. Good call!

Yes, I know. I'll take what they're offering and be thankful we're getting it at all. It's still some bullshit though.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. Port the whole shebang to Switch imo

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I'm glad they're not gonna bother porting it to Vita. Since, you know, a lot of us played the first two entries on Vita. It's not like JRPGs are a natural fit for handhelds or anything like that. Good call!

Yes, I know. I'll take what they're offering and be thankful we're getting it at all. It's still some bullshit though.
    Agreed. I think they should've ported it to Vita, or at least put the PSP version on PSN with the Vita in mind. The PSP is officially cut off from PSN, but IMO that doesn't matter, since Vita would play the game.
    Not getting Nayuta no Kiseki is bullshit of a similar kind. Anyone who enjoyed Ys VI/Origin/Felghana would likely enjoy it. The combat is similar, with there being an added season change feature. The fan patch for NnK is nice to have but an official XSEED version would've been the best.

Tokyo Xanadu does come out in June for Vita. I'll probably end up buying it as well as PS4 and/or PC versions, since the latter two are still a long way off (November).

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I'm glad they're not gonna bother porting it to Vita. Since, you know, a lot of us played the first two entries on Vita. It's not like JRPGs are a natural fit for handhelds or anything like that. Good call!

I'm glad it's not coming to vita.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm glad it's not coming to vita.
    I'm curious as to why you feel this way. Do you think a Vita release would somehow diminish the experience of playing ToCS 3? Or are you just exhibiting cuntish behavior?