Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Star Trek (2009) part 3

Method.

2. What a pile of orange and teal shit this was.

3. Beastie Boys, dirt bikes and bad ass Kung fu babes aren't the problem with this thing. They resolve everything by killing the big bad. Trek Captains are all about diplomatic resolution and achieving the best of people and humanity.

How about after the kind of neat gravity fight between Kirk and Thrall, Thrall gets the upper hand but Kirks words of duty and progress get to him and that's the resolution? Jail him and have him help them next flick? The stuff on the planet had little to no structure too.

It's fine to have something thrilling and novel for some fun. It doesn't mean you can't have substance too.

4. Going back to Star Trek VI, I can affirm that the villain was murdered through a brutal two-ship curb stomping. They certainly killed the shit out of Chang.

VI is the best Star Trek, so that's that.

/the whole movie looks like a series of Sega CD cutscenes nowadays, and that kind of makes it even better in a weird way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

That battle really wasn't fair at all.

Captain Kirk doesn't give a fuck about being fair.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Going back to Star Trek VI, I can affirm that the villain was murdered through a brutal two-ship curb stomping. They certainly killed the shit out of Chang.

VI is the best Star Trek, so that's that.

/the whole movie looks like a series of Sega CD cutscenes nowadays, and that kind of makes it even better in a weird way.
    I'm not saying you cant have Captains kill the villain—I'm saying it shouldn't be the only tool for resolution in the repertoire.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. To be fair, they didn't off lol Khan in the second one. And Nero in the first was a suicide by cop pretty much.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I'm not saying you cant have Captains kill the villain—I'm saying it shouldn't be the only tool for resolution in the repertoire.
    That's all well and good, but don't imagine Star Trek Nonviolence is any kind of rule anything is actually following.

9. Star Trek only kills villains in the movies. In the TV show they need the villains to be recurring. Or to help establish the peaceful nature of the federation.

10. TV shows also love to reset the status quo with every step. This is why Joey never stayed dead.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk