Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for widescreen 1080p monitor or 1080p TV with these three inputs: VGA, Component, HDMI

1. Looking for widescreen 1080p monitor or 1080p TV with these three inputs: VGA, Component, HDMI

Does such a product exist?

I'm finding a lot of monitors and TVs that have two of the three connection types, but not all three (VGA, HDMI, Component).

I have two 720p TVs with those inputs. I'd be surprised if 1080p ones don't exist.

It's harder to find VGA on newer sets than you'd think. You might head to Amazon to find a seller that has a unit from yesteryear that has them all. Or, you could pick up a vga to hdmi converter.

4. our hdtv has vga, hdmi and component, but it's 39"

e: and like 3 or 4 years old by now

e2: http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-32C120.../dp/B0073K645A
    Last edited by cka; 06 Aug 2013 at 07:08 PM.

5. Yeah I definitely don't need one that big. Looking more in the 18" to 26" range.

6. that's where it gets tricky

look for a used 2405wfp or something

How close are you going to sit that you need 1080p on an 18-26"? Is this going to be your PC monitor?

8. I plan on using it for:

PC, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360

Right now, all I can connect to the monitor I have currently is VGA and HDMI.

I sit about two feet away from the screen, so I don't need it to be very large.

You don't need 1080p. You won't notice a difference. I promise.

10. Maybe not for console games, but it makes a big difference with a PC, especially on the desktop.
    Besides, 1080p is the only way to go if you want the signal to match the native resolution of the screen instead of being scaled, which adds lag. There are practically no 1280x720 panels anymore.