Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon Fire TV and Fire Game Controller announced

1. Amazon Fire TV and Fire Game Controller announced

Game Informer: Amazon Developing Android Console For Release By End Of 2013
    Sources have approached Game Informer with an interesting bit of news from one of the world's largest retailers. Amazon is developing an Android based console for release by the end of this year, most likely by Black Friday.

According to those we spoke with who have knowledge of the in-development hardware, Amazon will be leveraging the titles already available on its platform. Each day, the company offers one productivity or game app for free and stocks a healthy library for its own devices, like the Kindle Fire. The console will also have its own, dedicated controller.

We have reached out to Amazon for comment.
    Last edited by Geo; 02 Apr 2014 at 12:14 PM.

2. Oh boy, another way to play phone games on my TV.

All I want to know is: when's Night Riders coming out?

As long as this makes an iOS console happen.

4. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Oh boy, another way to play phone games on my TV.

All I want to know is: when's Night Riders coming out?
    Never - AmDroid can't handle its three frames of animation.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09 Aug 2013 at 06:06 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Oh boy, another way to play phone games on my TV.
    I read this on Eurogamer before I logged into TNL this morning and was giving it some thought. I think we're all selling this short. I've bitched for years about the lack of a 3DO model console. Seemingly against all odds, Google may have delivered it. Amazon's take specifically is interesting, because they're actually hiring developers to make Android exclusive games, which is what the platform badly needs. And their focus allegedly is on core gamers with this console, so I don't think it will just be another way to play phone games. The one remaining major hurdle is that we could have 73 Android app stores, each with its own exclusives that may or may not work on other devices. Google needs to solve that, and these things will have serious legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    As long as this makes an iOS console happen.
    I'm not sure this matters anymore. Apple's hesitation to do anything other than allow games to exist on iOS is finally catching up to them. They should have beaten Amazon to hiring actual developers a long time ago. I think they may have missed the boat on this now.

6. Amazon would not be making an "Android console", it would be like the Kindle, with its own ecosystem.

If this thing targets "core gamers" as they say, Microsoft and Sony should be very scared. Amazon doesn't care about making profits, they plow everything back into the business. This is great for customers, bad for competitors. Amazon also doesn't have to deal with an existing loud and annoying fanbase, so they can build the system they want and court customers.

7. MAke one of these microconsole jammies that actually has Play Store access and we'll talk. Amazon + anything Android can fuck off right now.

8. Why do Android fanboys think playing those garbage phone games on my TV is some sort of draw?

Because most of them are pirates and don't think beyond what they can steal.

10. Still, I've not seen anything on ANY android marketplace that makes me say "Boy howdy, I'd love to have a dedicated console to play this shit on".