Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gone Home

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    There are dollar theaters.
    Are there still? I don't know of one around here.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. There's one about 20 minutes from me.

Yeah, there's one somewhat close to me too.

Gone Home is alright. I liked the detail put into the house, but I liked that sort of piece-together-the-events environmental detective work better in games like BioShock and Fallout 3 where it was just side stuff to ponder while following an actual narrative and looking for useful items. This game is far from my favourite EFPASDBAFN. Proteus and The Stanley Parable are much better examples of the genre.

5. I thought it was great for the 5-7 dollars I spent on it.

I just can't imagine ever feeling good about spending 20 dollars on it and anyone that says otherwise is a goddamned liar (or a lesbo)

6. I spent $10, would have been fine with $20, but I'm the exact artfag audience it was aiming for. Also a lying lesbo

7. Played through this last night. The gripes about it being $20 are justified.

Aside from that, I really liked it. I liked going through the house, learning more about the people who lived there as I moved from room to room. I liked how how presumptions of a murder-suicide in the attic were slowly whittled away in favor of a happier ending. I really found myself cheering for Sam and hating her parents, especially her mother--the uptight religious woman who missed the commandment about getting pounded by Ranger Rick. And of course, the 90s setting means automatic bonus points.

I think I'm going to play The Stanley Parable sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Hate to say it (I really wanted to like it, I liked the demo)... but I freaking can't stand Stanley Parable.