Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Tennebaums on DVD

Royal Tennebaums on DVD

I don't know if this really deserves a thread of it's own but I was wondering who has pre-ordered or who plans to buy Royal Tennebaums on DVD.

I am a huge fan of Wes Anderson's work, especially RUSHMORE. It took more than one viewing for me to be a believer, but RUSHMORE is one of my favorite movies of all time. Bottle Rocket is an excellent film as well. I love the deadpan humor and exaggerated sets/atmosphere that an Anderson film has (it makes a very unique combination)

Any love for these films? discuss...

Great Movie saw it twice in the theatre I really like Owen Wilson. I loved Rushmore too, never saw Bottle Rocket though.

3. Originally posted by Korian
    never saw Bottle Rocket though.
    For shame....

4. yo, royal tenenbaums is one of my favorite movies last year. when i heard it was done by the same people who did rushmore and bottlerocket, i had to see it. and yeah, i already put money down for it on dvd.

"i don't hate you, i just think you're an asshole."

5. I'm gonna pick it up. When is it out, today(tuesday)?

here's a list of the special features for anyone curious:
    http://www.criterioncollection.com/a...ection=feature

Hmm, I was really considering getting the criterion collection version of RUSHMORE...does the RSDL Dual layer thing make a significant picture difference or am I just paying for the extra special features?

7. Well, Havent seen it yet, since I dont watch that many comedies in theaters But willing to give this one a chance. Will try to rent it today, and see whats all this hype is all about. Havent seen any of the directors previous films, that were mentioned here either.

8. Originally posted by amerlop
    Hmm, I was really considering getting the criterion collection version of RUSHMORE...does the RSDL Dual layer thing make a significant picture difference or am I just paying for the extra special features?
    With a new film like this, i doubt theres much difference. with older films, Critierion always has the best possible transfer. Im not sure if there is a non-criterion DVD of "royal", so you may not have an option. I jsut got it at best buy for $16.99. what a deal!

9. Anderson's movies are an aquired taste. Not everyone "gets" them. I haven't seen Bottlerocket it a long time, Rushmore was alright and I thought RT was pretty good. Don't know if I would watch it again though. The special features are weird...

Well, I have to say, open viewing, that this is a wonderful DVD to have for 16.99 (Best Buy).

First, I thought that movie was very good. It had some interesting characters and had the usually Wes Anderson, dry humor. I loved how the customers never changed costumes and the outlandish sets. My only gripe was that the abundance of characters left the story lacking a bit in the focus department. IMO, it didn't eminate the hope and resolution that RUSHMORE did but, it took me a few viewings to really enjoy RUSHMORE and now it's one of my favorite movies ever.

Oh, and it the usual Criterion fashion, the extras and the menus are top notch.

Give it a go and see if you dig the style.