Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dinosaur Discovery Thread

1. So... How long until big dumb action movies start showing dinos as the magnificent feathery death chickens that we now know they were?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post

The newest such discovery is a mass grave of triceratops, commonly believed to be loners, in Wyoming.
    Crazy, would have pegged them like modern buffalo or wildebeest. In fact have a book from the 80s with illustrations of triceratops in circle formation to protect their young.

Sort of on topic... does anyone else have a fossil collection?

I haven't looked at mine for many years but I still have some fossils of fish, trilobytes, insects, and a dino spinal piece. Most were bought at stores but I used to find some bug and plant ones myself in a small BC town called Princeton.

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Crazy, would have pegged them like modern buffalo or wildebeest. In fact have a book from the 80s with illustrations of triceratops in circle formation to protect their young.
    I HAD THAT BOOK

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post

I haven't looked at mine for many years but I still have some fossils of fish, trilobytes, insects, and a dino spinal piece. Most were bought at stores but I used to find some bug and plant ones myself in a small BC town called Princeton.

Got a few too. When the kids are playing in back I'll sometimes sort through the river rock around the plant beds. Tons of fossilized beehive, coral, shells, and bone fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I do, but it's still somewhere at my parents' house. I have some fossilized wood, bison teeth, shark teeth, etc. I am not sure if I kept anything from my eighth grade earth science class, but I found a bunch of stuff for that and on field trips as well.

Cool news on the feather front, including feathers designed to help diving in addition to flying.

There is no cool news on the feather front. Only broken hearts.