Name:	tumblr_l97v7xhmgR1qb3mmfo1_500.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	73969
    Last edited by YellerDog; 16 Apr 2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: BREAKING WALLS
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Now I want a live-action version exactly like that.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    So... that third and final remake movie in the golden age arc of Berserk came out in the US last week.

If you want to feel bad, check it out.
    i will at some point, but today is not that day.
    Seriously tho, Berserk got me bad. I don't know what it is about certain anime....
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    i will at some point, but today is not that day.
    Seriously tho, Berserk got me bad. I don't know what it is about certain anime....
    I had a similar experience. I got the Berserk series boxed set off Right Stuf and started to go through it not knowing much about it. It definitely has its strong and weak points but I trudged through to make it to the end. Ughh. I felt mildly sick for a few days.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Well with Berserk (at least the Golden Arc) they present a comparatively normal medieval world and all of the truly horrible things that happen are because of people. Demons are real in that world and lurk in the shadows, but it's the actions of a power-obsessed Griffith that leads to the majority of the rape and death. If you just swapped the demons with a strong opposing human army luring Griffith to them there wouldn't be too much of a difference.

Obviously Berserk overall has a lot more fantasy elements that pop up, but there's a solid grounded base of reference for the audience to identify with and that most of the evil in the world is still from people (the demons don't even seem to give a shit about people one way or the other a lot of the time). Like 90% of the Golden Arc is people fighting with people over land, kingdoms, titles, etc., so when the really bad stuff happens it's got more of a punch and is generally about true powerlessness no matter strong or crafty anyone is (even the inhumanly strong like Guts).

With something like Attack on Titan which starts in a confused world, is technologically all over the place, tries to explain a bunch of random elements at once, and has combat performed with impossible machines and you're going to lose that reference point and ability to identify as much. It's fun and fantastical, sure, but it ramps straight up to 11 right away, is all about the monsters, and is kind of garbage at providing a strong reference link. Big naked people fought with utility belts isn't going to hit you the same way as having a guy's best friend restrain him while raping the girlfriend and breaking her mind.

6. I wish there was something similar enough in attitude to Berserk. There really isn't, though.

I could say that Baccano! kinda has that "this world is normal but AHHHHHH what the fuck is that?" thing going for it. But nowhere near that level.

7. Berserk is like that episode of Metalocalypse where Toki doesn't want to be associated with kids anymore. While it's still basically the same brand of debauched irreverence that Metalocalypse usually is, the last 30 seconds out of nowhere turn completely fucked up and horrifying.

8. Isnt that the last 30 seconds of every metalocalypse? Or am i thinking Superjail...

9. Yeah, the end of that episode had me avoiding that show for weeks.