Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack on Tutturu

1. Fighting Spirit (Hajime no Ippo), IMO. Underdog boxing story with juvenile humor is an easy sell for most guys. Plus, the new season will be starting soon.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    <3 Levi. Dem eyes.
    Seriously. He and Hanji are by far my favorite characters.

Name:  5b8.gif
Views: 116
Size:  1.40 MB

3. ...Am I being trolled? I just watched the first two episodes and anytime the Titans weren't on-screen this was some of the most laughable garbage I've seen in years. Just constantly awkward, painful exposition being vomited out of everyone's mouth with continuously cliche plot point setups at every turn, all while people only seem to have emotions that can swap between SUPER EXTREMES.

Now I'm stuck at this weird point where I want to see how far they go and would like a resolution because I think there's a good idea hidden in there and the Titans themselves are legit cool, but I don't think I can actually stand to listen to these characters any longer. I'll probably just drop it unless someone can confirm that it gets a lot better really fast.

I wouldn't describe this show as cliché. Maybe there's a lot of Japanese stuff I've missed out on.

The show gets really bad right after. You're gonna hate it. Don't watch it anymore. Go away.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    ...Am I being trolled? I just watched the first two episodes and anytime the Titans weren't on-screen this was some of the most laughable garbage I've seen in years. Just constantly awkward, painful exposition being vomited out of everyone's mouth with continuously cliche plot point setups at every turn, all while people only seem to have emotions that can swap between SUPER EXTREMES.

Now I'm stuck at this weird point where I want to see how far they go and would like a resolution because I think there's a good idea hidden in there and the Titans themselves are legit cool, but I don't think I can actually stand to listen to these characters any longer. I'll probably just drop it unless someone can confirm that it gets a lot better really fast.
    They never really stop with the whole, "I HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT MYSELF"/"FINE THEN WE'LL LEAVE YOU TO YOUR INNER CONFLICT UNTIL YOU SEE US GET PUMMELED AND SNAP OUT OF IT" shonen formula. AoT is a little different because of the dark subject matter and its willingness to kill important characters on a fairly regular basis.
    Last edited by No One; 02 Oct 2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Out of control apostrophes.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I wouldn't describe this show as cliché.
    The family disapproves of the son's life choice. They get into a fight about it. The father talks about revealing a secret and conveniently leaves right before a major event. Something happens to the family so the son feels terrible about the last thing that happens being a stupid argument.

They get onto a transport to escape. A boring scene occurs which is basically copied-pasted from every single escaping transport during a major event in every visual media ever. There's a much more interesting scene going on at the same time about the Titans, but I'm guessing they had to pad out the length.

There's a food shortage, about which a couple scenes occur that cover the topic in the exact same way it's usually covered.

And so on. Yes, these are topics that should be broached, but it's all done in half-assed ways that convey no manner of urgency or suspense and do nothing unique. Again, the points related specifically to the Titans seem cool, but anything about the characters is painful. I just half-watched the third episode and it was even worse. I think you're right about it getting even more so, even though I know you're just trying to ward off my hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by No One
    They never really stop with the whole, "I HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT MYSELF"/"FINE THEN WE'LL LEAVE YOU TO YOUR INNER CONFLICT UNTIL YOU SEE US GET PUMMELED AND SNAP OUT OF IT" shonen formula.
    I expect that and am willing to overlook it (I mean, shit, I like Evangelion), but all the conversations with everyone about everything were bad.

I'll leave you guys to it for poor Mzo. He just wants people to like things.

It turns into a full-fledged shonen jump story over the next few episodes once you learn about the MC's abilities and their secret goal, but it's still good.
    My Backloggery

8. It's ridiculous. All anime is ridiculous, but i think if it's not your thing two episodes in.....it's probably not your thing in general. It gets even less Titan-y after awhile, so it probably won't hold you. Some of Levi's dialogue is so bad it's hilarious "Hey, Eren," "Yeah..?" "Look at these big ass trees!" but i dunno, it's kind of endearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Levi is the best character. Levi is so cool.

I mean it's fucking anime. You knew what you were getting into. It's not some renaissance of the art form, it's just more of the same but well done and with some unique touches that make it worthwhile.
    My Backloggery

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    It's not some renaissance of the art form
    You're acting like I was expecting Schlinder's List. Why is it so wrong to hope for writing competence at least on the level of, say, One Piece?