Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack on Tutturu

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I wouldn't describe this show as cliché. Maybe there's a lot of Japanese stuff I've missed out on.

The show gets really bad right after. You're gonna hate it. Don't watch it anymore. Go away.
    I kind of love Mzo's new way of dealing with people who disagree with him about tv shows.

Every other episode of One Piece is someone yelling about their dream for ten entire minutes and crying. I don't see the difference.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    They never really stop with the whole, "I HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT MYSELF"/"FINE THEN WE'LL LEAVE YOU TO YOUR INNER CONFLICT UNTIL YOU SEE US GET PUMMELED AND SNAP OUT OF IT" shonen formula. AoT is a little different because of the dark subject matter and it's willingness to kill important characters on a fairly regular basis.
    one of the nice things about the show is that it deals with 'fear of death' fairly realistically. Unlike 90% of scifi or fantasy where everyone, no matter the age, is pretty ready for it or the idea of it. In AoT, people are probably shitting on themselves in terror.

Other than that, it becomes a mecha/fight animes by mid season.

4. It's been a long time so maybe I'm off, but back when I read One Piece it managed to make me give a shit about anything pretty quickly after it started. I'm not looking for deep characters or thought-provoking situations (though those are always nice), just something besides banality.

I really don't know how to approach your opinion Mech. Its so weird, coming at this from the idea that AoT is bad and that One Piece is some how a metric of high quality in anime. You're a DBZ or Naruto away from being that smelly kid at lunch.

6. I didn't say it was a metric of high quality, just passably entertaining. Why do you guys keep making things up and taking it to the extreme?

I like how Armin is making all these deductions in that meeting about the identity of the female Titan and Mikaso is just like "She looks like her."

She totally does.
    Last edited by Mzo; 02 Oct 2013 at 10:00 PM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Referring to One Piece: The show really has taken a dive in quality since the time skip. It's because of this insistent new policy of matching 1 episode to 1 chapter no matter what. The result is shitty pacing, bad animation quality, intermittent filler moments that break the flow of the story, and flashbacks to shit that happened in the SAME EPISODE.

Read the Manga. It's still just as good as it used to be.

Attack on Titan is like exactly the opposite. Have you read the manga? That shit looks fucking amateur. The show really saved it.

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mrqgznMMzR1rl3tlpo1_1280.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	71962  

10. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I didn't say it was a metric of high quality, just passably entertaining. Why do you guys keep making things up and taking it to the extreme?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a39.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	71963