Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack on Tutturu

Attack on Tutturu

jesus christ is anyone else watching this

what the fuck am I seeing

edit: I guess I'll write a quick summary instead of useless exclamations.

The show is set either in some weird steampunk past (or future?) where a race of gigantic humanoid creatures suddenly appear and basically decimate mankind. The last human settlement hides behind three enormous walls and has known peace for 100 years. They still train to fight the Titans using these weird gas-powered hookshot belts known as 3D gears, but it's mostly academic at this point. At the start of our story a new type of Titan materializes in a crazy lightning strike. He's large enough to be able to peer over the wall; it's easily two or three times bigger than the biggest one known up until now. He kicks open the main gate and disappears. Shit is bad times for humans from that point on.

Everything about the show so far is pretty great, if you like this sort of thing. It's not some transcendental art that will convert people to anime.

The creepiest thing about the show is how indifferent and thoughtless the Titans seem to be. Their facial expressions are horrible =[
    Last edited by Mzo; 15 Apr 2014 at 10:53 PM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. A couple other people were in that other catch-all anime thread.

I keep hearing good things about it so I'm interested, but I've been lazy about it. The whole unfinished anime based on an unfinished manga thing also keeps me from rushing too quickly after it.

3. Mike bought a colossal titan mask at SDCC. It's creepy as fuck.

4. You've never seen a shonen show like this before. I love it. I still have to catch up after that clip show episode.

Now to wait 4 days until episode 21...

This sucks.
    My Backloggery

6. I've been seeing this everywhere. Like Mech, I'm trying to wait until it ends before I jump in.

7. So I ended up folding after reading this thread and watched the first three episodes tonight. The premise is creepy as hell and they really don't pull any punches when it comes to the carnage these things cause, so much so that it occasionally verges on being uncomfortable to watch. My only gripe so far is that the animation tends to be pretty inconsistent in parts, although the actions scenes are really well done (the bits where the human characters are catapulting themselves through the trees using the Vertical Maneuvering Equipment are just cool as hell).

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Their facial expressions are horrible =[
    They really are, and that shit sticks with you after you're done watching. Everything about them, from their fucked up proportions to those awful dead-eyed toothy grins is just so wrong.

Yeah, seriously. I'm not usually creeped out by stuff but the premise is so weird and the way they look is so horrible...

It's like something out of a Junji Ito manga.

It's even worse when you start to find out more about the titans. This isn't really a spoiler but the way they ignore everything but humans, and don't even need to feed for nourishment. They don't even have digestive systems. They just eat people until they can't anymore and vomit them up in these balls. It's so awful.
    My Backloggery

9. Chomp.

10. This looks rad. I DLed all the episodes available and I think I'm gonna marathon them this weekend.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in