Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6171737475

Thread: Mighty No. 9

1. He ain't making Outrun so I don't give a shit

2. You havent heard about the Surpass! minigame?

3. Kickstarter is less about video games and more about board games and reprinting old graphics standards manuals for me now. I've had a far higher rate if satisfaction in those categories compared to vidja.

Pretty sure the only video games I backed that delivered everything as promised on time so far are Shantae and Frog Fractions 2.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I don't know. When I think of big Kickstarter campaigns I think of a million spiritual sequels. Shit like Yooka-Laylee. I get why that stuff is popular, but I don't think we are pushing the boundaries of creativity and experimentation here.
    When we're talking about multi-million dollar projects, sure, but there's also a lot of indie darlings that come out of KS too. Stuff like FTL, Shovel Knight, and Superhot. Which is more what the platform was designed for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Shenmue III is Kickstarter's litmus test for me. I don't think I've really cared about anything else that has come through it. If that turns out well, I'll be thankful for the suckers who backed it. If it doesn't, burn it to the ground.
    If you came up to me and said "If you give me $20, there's a 20% chance it will lead to a good Shenmue sequel," I'd still take those odds.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 28 Jul 2017 at 09:24 AM.

5. The best thing to come out of Kickstarter was the Double Fine Adventure series which documented how hard it really is to make a game even when everything goes right with your kickstarter.

Not gonna lie, Broken Age doesn't really do it for me, but man I looooove seeing how they made it.

Hoping Psychonauts 2 turns out pretty awesome. I'm feeling good about it with Zak McClendon in charge of it.
    Last edited by Toupee; 28 Jul 2017 at 10:49 AM.

6. I really liked Broken Age a lot. The story falls apart a bit in the second act but it's a damn good game anyway.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Kickstarter is less about video games and more about board games and reprinting old graphics standards manuals for me now. I've had a far higher rate if satisfaction in those categories compared to vidja.

Pretty sure the only video games I backed that delivered everything as promised on time so far are Shantae and Frog Fractions 2.
    Shantae was WayAfter time (ha ha get it). Shovel Knight was as delayed but as high quality or better, so I'm still really happy about both. I had one that finally said they're never finishing and that was a pretty big disappointment. Even if I didn't want to be mad, it kind of sinks in later. I think a lot of these find out about a thing called "taxes" really quickly.
    Video game kickstarters seem to be the biggest gamble, both for people backing and making them. Like you have to be dedicated to living on the street and changing your identity if you're associated at all and it doesn't work out.
    Donk

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I really liked Broken Age a lot. The story falls apart a bit in the second act but it's a damn good game anyway.
    I think they did a damn fine job with it, I've just never been able to finish practically any puzzly adventure game.