Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Child of Light - 2D JRPG from Ubisoft

1. I like how they had to tack the words "video game" on the end because there was no other way of knowing.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    i'm half interested and half skeptical at the whole concept of the triple A-est of AAA game studios trying to be indie without the financial risk. it really comes off as someone trying to be enchanting by using to using a hammer to tickle the imagination. like 90s Disney. what schmaltz.
    That's what I was thinking, I hope it pays off for the creators but I have my doubts.

So far I like the art style of this although I wonder if you'll be able to have more characters added to your party outside of the wizard dude and that little glowy thing.

3. April 30th release date, as revealed at the end of the new trailer. Really looking forward to this.
    Last edited by Geo; 02 Apr 2014 at 02:56 PM.

4. I will buy this one with the quickness.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Last edited by Geo; 02 Apr 2014 at 02:55 PM.

Edge: 5/10

Somewhere I said that I didn't think this was going to be as good as it looked.

Eurogamer: 8/10

That, however, is quite a difference.

7. Seems like it'll be a very polarizing game. I honestly have seen next to nothing about this game outside of the odd trailer here or there. I know very little about how it will actually play. I did think, however, that the pricing of it along with the fact that this is a new game in an unexplored genre from a developer that usually does platformers that this would be heavily experimental.

I'm mostly just waiting on the TNL consensus after release.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    i'm half interested and half skeptical at the whole concept of the triple A-est of AAA game studios trying to be indie without the financial risk. it really comes off as someone trying to be enchanting by using a hammer to tickle the imagination. like 90s Disney. what schmaltz.
    Are you talking shit about Lion King??

10. This game pretty much lifts its entire battle system right out of Grandia. That's a very good thing. But also, the entire script rhymes. It can get irritating and stretches itself thin. Overall, I'm really liking it. For 15 dollars there's not a lot to complain about.