Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Fall 2013)?

1. One day I'll get a Hearthstone invite... one day...

Borderlands 2 - Popped this in for a few hours today to finally try and finish off my 42 Siren, only to discover that the level cap had been raised yet again a few months ago to 72. So I'm slowly climbing there, but that feels like dauntingly farther away than 60 did. Not sure if I'm going to have it in me to farm for good equipment, but at least I'll be able to finally start redeeming those codes for weapons and mods without worrying about "wasting" them on lower level characters. Two more of my friends bought copies so we're going to be doing some 4-player at my place soon, so I'll finally get to play that Psycho that I bought forever ago and never touched.

A little surprised they're still releasing golden key Shift codes. I figured they would've stopped that like a couple months after the game came out. This game probably has the best post-launch support of this generation. They also just released another piece of DLC last month which is part one in a series? They sure are insisting on this game remaining relevant until they announce a new one.

2. Skyrim: I beat this on PS3 and got the Platinum, but I wanted to go through it again and got it on 360. What an awesome game.

3. On PS3 been playing Infamous 2: Festival of Blood without even having played the first two, I just said fuck it and dove right in and while it's VERY light on gameplay and has some framerate issues it's still a fun 3rd person action game:

For Xbox 360 I've been playing DmC and Vergil's downfall DLC and Fuse:

Beat both already but they have a ton of replay value in achievements and such. My only issue with Fuse is that NOBODY I know has it so I'll have to mainly stick with randoms but outside of that really fun games. And yes they all have similar poses in the cover art, hooray for originality in layout!
    Last edited by Will; 18 Nov 2013 at 11:30 PM.

4. If only all of them were also blue and orange it would've been perfect.

5. Infamous 2 looks like they took the body of one of the others and pasted a new head on it
    Donk

6. I had unlocked a couple items in Poker Night 2 for Borderlands 2 before I couldn't take that piece of shit any longer, but they weren't showing up in BL2. So I tried a bunch of times to download the bonuses and still nothing. Go poking around and it turns out that Poker Night 2 not properly working is a totally normal thing, and the only consistent way to make it work is to email Gearbox and have them manually drop in the SHiFT unlocks. The one reason I gave a single fuck about Poker Night 2's existence and it's been broken since the game came out.

One day I might think of Telltale as something other than one of the worst developers this generation who preys entirely on people enjoying licensed products, but that day is not today.

Hot Shots Tennis on the PS2 with Geen. It's a really cute and well-made game. Very fun.

Started up Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. Didn't people say this was a bad game? It's flipping great.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    It's flipping great.
    I'm amazed you're still alive from the amount of alcohol you would've had to consume to reach this conclusion.

9. Seriously. I like the kingdom hearts games a lot and even I can accept re:coded is shit
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Don't know what to tell you.

Pros:

It follows the Square standard of ridiculously good-looking portable games.
    The combat and exploration feels good. They also break up the action with (so far) a 2D platforming area and a Sin and Punishment style corridor shooter area.
    It has kind of a lot of new, original FMV cutscenes that look great for the DS.
    It has a pretty good story premise, a lot like Mega Man Xtreme.
    I really like setting up abilities, leveling them and combining them.
    I really like the sphere grid-like, motherboard-inspired character growth system and how it has built-in "cheats" to modify the game at will (like The World Ends With You.)

Cons:

It reuses the story and locations from the original Kingdom Hearts. Again.

I'm struggling to see what's so bad about this. Anyone want to elaborate a little?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery