Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Fall 2013)?

1. Fantastic as in leveling in a new mmo after such a long time is fun in general and this isn't a really bad one or fantastic as in we should all be playing this for the next few years?

2. Artec and I did some quick Ifrit farming last night and Vlos is crafting like its his job. This game, man.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Fantastic as in leveling in a new mmo after such a long time is fun in general and this isn't a really bad one or fantastic as in we should all be playing this for the next few years?
    Can't tell if it's the first or the latter. You could certainly be playing it for a few years to get every class to 50 though.

Vlos rolled on your server? Damnit. I'm having a good time with the GAF kids, but you all are "family". Server transfers open up soon, right?

Edit: TNL Offer! I have a $10 credit at Amazon, whenever digital sales open back up if anybody wants to get in on it, paypal me $20 and I'll purchase it on my account and give you the key.

4. Should be soon, yeah.

Part of the addictive nature for FFXIV is that everything is one character and everything compliments other jobs. You need to level one job to open an advanced job for another which means you're also partway to opening another advanced job, and crafting means you can slot materia, repair your own shit, and make yourself new legitimately good stuff and so on. The endgame is about as deep as your average launch MMO (not very), but it would take a long ass time to actually run out of shit to do.

...it sounds pretty good. I don't knowwwww

I've been playing Monster Lair on the Duo. F this game, it's so fucking long. I will beat it one day.

Also started up PS2 Okami a couple of days ago and slowly progressing through it.

6. Still playing SMT IV. I'm at 103 hours on the game clock. This game just goes on and on and ON in typical SMT fashion.

I'm really close to being able to fuse the Jack Frost with the Demonica suit, though.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    ...it sounds pretty good. I don't knowwwww
    ONE OF US.

8. Playing Tales of Xillia. I'm about 15 hours in so far but a lot of that has been grinding and leveling up. It seems like it'll be a good entry in the Tales series and I'm already enjoying it more than Graces f, but I don't think it's gonna end up being better than Vesperia. With Vesperia being my favorite title of the franchise I compare everything else to it. And thus far the music, visuals, character development and character personalities just aren't as appealing to me, though I really do like Alvin. However, I still have a long ways to go so that could all change.

I also started Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD. It's a beautiful game in high definition. I've played Kingdom Hearts 2 multiple times and even some of the spin-off / handheld games more than once, but I've only played KH1 one time... way back in 2002. So there's a lot of that game that I've forgotten and re-playing it now is a pleasant blast from the past. I played yesterday 'til I got to Traverse Town and I keep telling myself I'm gonna finish Xillia before I go any further, but I'm really itching to play it some more.

Oh, and lol @ 358/2 days being reduced to a CG movie for this collection.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

9. Saints Row the Third: I can't believe how nonstop fun this stupid game is.

Xenoblade: It's good, but people way over hyped it. Combat is great as is most of the experience with exploration and the item system but fuck does this story and writing sucks. If I have to hear them say the name of the sword another ten times in one sentence I'm going to fucking kill myself.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Notice people are still posting in the summer thread. Guess what guys, summer ended last week. Sorry bout it!

Dark Souls
    This game is a masochist's heroin. I think I'm in love.

Blackops II
    When am I not playing Call of Duty? Never.

SSX
    Great way to blow off steam instead of trolling

Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    I know the blades breaking makes this game "authentic" and "realistic", I just also think that makes the game "retarded" and "not fun"

Dodonpachi Ressurection
    A masochist's crack. Love/hate relationship.

Skyrim
    I haven't even finished the main quest *sigh*
    SSX is good stuff, always lots to do with the leaderboards and various medals.

Skyrim I barely stared but I think I have most of the expansions since they've been going on sale on Live lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Wolf View Post
    Playing Tales of Xillia. I'm about 15 hours in so far but a lot of that has been grinding and leveling up. It seems like it'll be a good entry in the Tales series and I'm already enjoying it more than Graces f, but I don't think it's gonna end up being better than Vesperia. With Vesperia being my favorite title of the franchise I compare everything else to it. And thus far the music, visuals, character development and character personalities just aren't as appealing to me, though I really do like Alvin. However, I still have a long ways to go so that could all change.

I also started Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD. It's a beautiful game in high definition. I've played Kingdom Hearts 2 multiple times and even some of the spin-off / handheld games more than once, but I've only played KH1 one time... way back in 2002. So there's a lot of that game that I've forgotten and re-playing it now is a pleasant blast from the past. I played yesterday 'til I got to Traverse Town and I keep telling myself I'm gonna finish Xillia before I go any further, but I'm really itching to play it some more.

Oh, and lol @ 358/2 days being reduced to a CG movie for this collection.
    I still haven't started Xillia sadly but I just purchased the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 LE and am looking forward to playing it since I've never played the series before.

Xbox 360 wise I've just started playing the Gears of War games and having both played and beaten Gears Judgement and Gears 1 so far I've really enjoyed them. It's weird because I've never been a fan of the art design of that series given it's gritty look and hulking character models, plus the running has this weird magnetized feeling but after a while I just got used to all of that. I'll be getting to Gears 2 and 3 soon since I've ordered them from Amazon but I'm really itching to get to 3 already after having played the demo.