Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians

1. They say iOS, Android, Mac, PC, and Windows tablets in the description.

EHHH. For all i know, this could be cool but i'm fine with waiting to see if anyone who likes stuff i like is into it
    Donk

2. We are planning to bring out Unsung Story on iOS and Android devices; however we need additional funding in order to deliver the game on requested platforms such as PC and MAC.
    From last page.

It is. Buried inside the Kickstarter is a mention that it's going to be for iOS and Android regardless of outcome. The Kickstarter is for PC and Mac versions, and potentially other versions too.

My hype is seriously deflating. I'm still interested, mostly because of Boelinger (who has made excellent boardgames and could probably do a great job of paring an initial Matsuno design down into something that retains its greatness but without all the weird little warts and frustrations that tend to accompany his games), but not enough to give them money up-front.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    That... is not a bad list of games.

I think they overplayed the Matsuno hand here. "SRPG from the makers of Ascension" would get a lot of buzz. Maybe not $600,000 buzz but Ascension is quite good and has lots of fans. Now all everyone will be talking about his Masuno's relative lack of involvement.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    (looks at catalog) WOW, that Tanto Cuore game looks great. Backing now.
    My name's not George, but yes, I've had my eye on Tanto Cuore.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    That... is not a bad list of games.

I think they overplayed the Matsuno hand here. "SRPG from the makers of Ascension" would get a lot of buzz. Maybe not $600,000 buzz but Ascension is quite good and has lots of fans. Now all everyone will be talking about his Masuno's relative lack of involvement.
    Unless whoever created the Ascension card game also works for playdek, they didn't make it, they adapted it to moblie.

Tanto Cuore is a mobile adaptation of a card game, too. Designed by Masayuki Kudou.
    Last edited by alan_fatima; 14 Jan 2014 at 03:43 PM.

7. Ascension is a wonderful adaptation, though. We're in good hands UI-wise if we're to take Ascension iOS as any indication.

8. Thank God for small favors.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    Unless whoever created the Ascension card game also works for playdek, they didn't make it, they adapted it to moblie.

Tanto Cuore is a mobile adaptation of a card game, too. Designed by Masayuki Kudou.
    But the designer of Archipelago and Dungeon Twister is working on the game. So they have that angle covered too.

10. I don't know what those things are, but if that's the best they got then, as Diff said, they should be hanging their hat more on that then Matsuno's limited involvement.