Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians

1. Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians

SpaceVenture at least the original people behind it, making a game they knew how to make. You just didn't think they would forget how.

This... was made by a company with an opaque history and murky experience, in a difficult genre, and they prominently oversold the name of a famous designer. And we knew they oversold it before the pitch ended when he said "yea I gave them some ideas for story and setting but I don't know what they are doing with it."

2. This is where OJ comes in and says "you got Juiced!"

I wish I could say I never backed anything, but I did the original DF game ;(

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    SpaceVenture at least the original people behind it, making a game they knew how to make. You just didn't think they would forget how.
    The thing that made SpaceVenture hard to predict was that they under-promised. They showed off screenshots of this really simple 2D game that seemed like a reasonable project for a 3-4 person team, and then they went into production on something more elaborate that was totally out of scope for that same team.

Had they initially showed screenshots of a 3D game like the one they're making I probably would have had more doubts about their ability to execute without a larger team or outside help.

It does seem like the game may come out eventually.