Thread: The World God Only Knows

The World God Only Knows

The World God Only Knows is a romance/comedy manga and anime that revolves around Keima Katsuragi, a second year high school student.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	season1.jpg 
Views:	16600 
Size:	410.1 KB 
ID:	71957

He plays bishojo games obsessively and has developed full mastery over them, earning him the title "The God of Conquests" online. Of course he has no interest in 3D women because they're stupid.

Name:	keima.jpg 
Views:	13264 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	71958

This infamy leads to misunderstanding when he receives a mysterious email offering him a contract asking him to seduce women. He believes it to be part of a game but of course it's not. Once he agrees Elsie, a super-cute demon from the Loose Souls recovery team, shows up and is now bound to Keita. She explains that he has to conquer the hearts of IRL girls in order to shake out the loose souls escaped from hell that they currently house. She also really likes fire trucks and has the cutest hairpin ever (which I also bought IRL). This leads to equal parts hilarity, tragedy, action, and the occasional tug at the heartstrings.

Name:	keima_elsie_toast.png 
Views:	1137 
Size:	948.5 KB 
ID:	71959

The first couple of seasons were well done and cute. The third season skips a lot of the manga and then force feeds it to you in a pretty confusing summary at the start so it can get to the goddess storyline, but that's ok because it's really, really good.

If you don't like the first episode just turn it off and kill yourself.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Words cannot express...
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I've had this on my Amazon Wish List for about a year, the premise always interested me. Is this on Hulu?

It's on Crunchyroll which you should have if you like anime.

It's pretty boring when all the anime people talk about is the stuff on Netflix.
    My Backloggery

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    the cutest hairpin ever (which I also bought IRL)
    I can't come into anime threads without leaving sick to my stomach.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    It's pretty boring when all the anime people talk
    Agreed.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    I can't come into anime threads without leaving sick to my stomach.
    David!
    My Backloggery

8. Elsie's so damn cute. I like how she gets depressed for the dude sometimes. "Bro, you're outside and you're staring at your PSP playing these pointless dating sims. WTF. Sucks to be you."

Last episode of S1 was epic, where he was playing like ten games at once because he got so behind due to sexing up IRL chicks. Speaking of catching up, I did not finish S2 (but have it saved on my PS3), and didn't even realize there was a third. Rectification incoming.

9. The ending of Season 3 was pretty great chihiro is the best :(