Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 35678 LastLast

Thread: Best Lesser-Known Beat-'em-Ups

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    How about one that virtually no one knows about?
    Except for people who clicked the link I posted 42 posts earlier and then SSJN re-posted for some reason. Basically the whole thread is in that link.

2. I completely missed your four letter link. My bad.

Oops. Here, this should help:

SSJN

New four letter link.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 04 Oct 2013 at 09:12 AM.

4. I got a four letter link for you too, but cards.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Except for people who clicked the link I posted 42 posts earlier and then SSJN re-posted for some reason. Basically the whole thread is in that link.
    The one that only lists the name in the honorable mention section and provides no information on the actual game?

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    The one that only lists the name in the honorable mention section and provides no information on the actual game?
    MAYBE

Any Three Dirty Dwarves fans up in here?

8. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Any Three Dirty Dwarves fans up in here?
    Totally forgot that, fuck I need to drag the Saturn out of storage.

Three Dirty Dwarves is the best Hungarian beat 'em up ever! But seriously, it holds up better than most games in the genre. It has a distinct feel and doesn't feel so derivative of Technos/Capcom/Sega Japan stuff.

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    You and jyoung are right. I really like the way the game plays, although the enemies themselves are kind of bland and easy. It's fun, but not $50 fun. A remake of Final Fight 1 using 3's engine on cps hardware would be AMAZING.
    Agreed. It really bites when a solid game idea gets poleaxed by a lack of challenge. Final Fight 2 SNES fails due to the same dumb AI and 3 enemy limit, but the international stage environments (France, Holland, Japan etc) are great. I've always wanted a remake of FF2 on CPS with 8 enemies on screen instead of 3, 384 x 224 res, a little blood, Mary & Eliza brought back in, an YM2151 style rearrangement of the already decent BGM (stage 1-1's theme captures the FF spirit quite well, but would really kick ass on CPS' sound hardware), and smarter AI.