Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Capcom Arcade Cabinet: Retro Game Collection (PSN, XBLA)

Capcom Arcade Cabinet: Retro Game Collection (PSN, XBLA)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Famitsu magazine has revealed Capcom Arcade Cabinet: Retro Game Collection.

It's a new line of downloadable arcade game ports that ties into Capcom's upcoming 30th anniversary, Polygon reported.

It's for PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade and focuses on Eighties games, the early Capcom games that helped establish the Japanese company.

"I can't go into details on titles yet," said producer Kenji Kataoka, "but we're definitely focusing on the games that came out earlier on in our history. These are completely faithful reproductions, too.

“You used to have arcade games ported to the NES and such and wind up being completely different titles on that platform, but that's not the case here. Even if there were bugs in the original, we've kept them in there if we felt we needed to in order to retain the original feel of the game."

The first game of the series is 1987 side-scroller Black Tiger. 1942, Commando, Gun.Smoke and Trojan all look set to feature.

New modes will be added to the games to help combat their extreme difficulty. "For example, you can adjust the strength of your attacks, the range of collision detection, and so forth," Kataoka explained.

"This allows you to engage in training, and we've got support for turbo buttons and arcade sticks as well. I was able to use these functions to reach the ending on pretty much all of the games [we have planned], so they're great for people who were annoyed they couldn't beat them back then. For people [who don't want changes], it's set up so all additional functions can be turned on and off."

An announcement proper is expected early next month.
    Link

I wouldn't mind seeing more games get the Final Fight Double impact treatment, but I'm betting they will be priced individually, making TNL laugh and stick with the PS2 and Psp collections.

3. What if we like the NES versions better

4. Yeah unless these get the "Double Impact Treatment," I don't see any reason to buy these when I already have VOL. 1 & 2 on PS2.

5. I don't have a PS2 nor do I play on my PC. So, I welcome this.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    What if we like the NES versions better
    Play them on your NES!

7. Reminds me I don't have Gun.Smoke

8. The NES version of Gun.Smoke sucks compared to the arcade. Same with Trojan.

Black Tiger never really had a good home port. Which collection is it on?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Game Room 2: 90 Second 600MB Splash Screen to Play 6MB Title Edition