Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Synesthesia

1. That's interesting stuff. Judging from all of these responses, it makes me think that many people fall on some kind of scale (albeit one that can't really be measured due to such radically different perspectives).

Makes me think of how I sometimes imagine what is essentially a GUI overlay in my head sometimes, usually when I have tasks to complete.

It also reminds me of an acid trip, but a pretty pleasant one. The kind where you realize you really have been subconsciously seeing the world in a certain way this whole time but not quite acknowledging it.

That graphic is interesting.

Music is very visual to me as well and it's been frustrating that I can't really express myself clearly visually or through music. Frustrating my entire life. Using language has been the only tool I've been able to use well for thatt, but none of the color or emotional tint or...surrealism I guess, comes through in words the way it would if I could properly draw a picture, manipulate a video, or play the music in my head properly.

I'm getting better at guitar...slowly...but I was a fool to give up my instrument/music theory halfway through high school.

This must be why a lot of us don't really care much about the lyrical content of songs. They aren't the structure I'm most interested in when I listen to a song, it's the kind of visual/aural structure the song builds out of the sounds that matters more. There are albums I love to death and I couldn't even tell you half the words. Only bits and pieces that kind of cut through and leave an impression. It's also a big reason why I like Soul Coughing so much. Listening to hip-hop is a really different experience because the entire song is basic shapes and lots of effort and focus spent on parsing the lyrics/discovering the poetical, lyrical flow.

For the most part. I tend to prefer hip-hop with really dense verses.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 13 Oct 2013 at 11:35 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Only when I'm on illicit drugs. Then shit gets weird.

4. One word: Rez
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

Five words: words: it's just a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Toupee View Post
    That's interesting stuff. Judging from all of these responses, it makes me think that many people fall on some kind of scale
    I think this is true. The documentary When Senses Collide points out that everyone at least uses synesthetic principles for some things (like understanding metaphors).

7. Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits View Post
    One word: Rez
    Fuck Rez

Fighting words around here, iirc.