Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a new discman

1. Recommend me a new discman

The laser on my old Sony discman has finally died. It reads approximately one out of every five discs and sounds like a cat coughing up a hairball when it does play.

So what is a good model discman that's cheap and easy to find these days? I assume Sony is still the best manufacturer?

I hear good things about the D-555 model, but fuck paying $300 for a discman. $50 or less is my price range.

2. Who the fuck uses discmans?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. wat

really dude? a discman?

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Who the fuck uses discmans?
    People who use CDs.

Those people should be listening to FLACs on a $50 mp3 player if they want to pretend to hear the difference between a wav a flac and an mp3.

P.S. You can't hear the difference. Yes, you.

Here. I found you one for $35. WAV is 10mb per minute. FLAC is around usually 6mb, but can be as low as 4mb.

9. I've had issues with Sandisk players after a while. I've had my Phillips for over a year and its still awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-GoGear...ips+mp3+player

8 gig. 40 bucks. Why are you using CD's Wee ?
    Last edited by Changeling; 09 Oct 2013 at 09:05 AM.

Because he uses some obscure Norwegian os that nobody cares about enough to write any cd ripping software for.