Thread: mission impossible 3

1. mission impossible 3

i was going to do a catchy thread title, but i know how much pacrappa hates them, so i went with plain and straight to the point.

yes folks, tom cruise is gearing up once again as ethan hunt for another mission! only this time, david fincher is directing it!

this is going to rock.

2. I'm lazy So I just will post my NeoMega reply about MI series

Read at your own riks

Steps in to protect Mission Impossible 2

Hey guys, sure it wasnt a best film ever, but did I had fun with it? Hell yeah. I even liked Tom Cruise, whose only other film I like is Legend. I thought it was entertianing and fun action flick, definately better then part one, which was a BORE

Most of you will probably wont agree with my opinion about original MI, saying that it was more closer to its tv series roots, have interesting intrigue and good action scenes and characters. So here what I say:

The story was too complicated for its own good, many parts didnt made any sence, action scenes were boring(run Tom run, that exploding aquariun sequence was awfull !!! ). I didnt like its characters, other than Ving Rhames and Jean Reno. Again, the whole part on the train with suction cups and exploding gum was stupid. And Cruise was a wimpy super agent.

Now fast forward to MI2. Its totally different Ethan Hunt. He is cool, tough and can kick ass this time around. Action scenes were exciting, John Woo, knows how to stage action, I didnt had problems with story as many people did, and acting was acceptable. So, call it crap as much as you want, I still like it

Now, about MI 3. I wonder how FIncher's visual style will affect the franchise. Will it go to the its thriller roots, or will continue to Woo, action path, only with exciting visuals?

I bet it will be something new and orginal, so I'm all excited about it.

3. YEAH FOR MI3! I like the movies. Though I may be the only person that liked 1 more than 2. I thought the end of the motorcycle scene was horrible and possibly the stupidest stunt ever. But the rest of the movie wasnt bad. 1 was just better. I hope Cruise doesnt sport the hippie haircut of 2. An agent of the US just doesnt look right in long hair. DAMN HIPPIES! I'm already excited for 3. Fincher rules! Glad to hear he's doing it. I think Woo's movies are highly overrated. If anyone says Broken Arrow was good I'll MogSMASH you!
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. What do you know about movies? How many Woo movies have you seen to make such a decision? I liked Broken Arrow, even though its not the best Woo film, it still very entertaining. Much better than dreadful Mission Impossible 1

And if think that Woo is overrated watch The Killer, Harboiled, Hard Target, Face Off, A Better Tomorrow 1&2 and Bullet in the Head. And then say those movies are bad.

And Cruise looked way dorky in part 1, but his look in MI2 was awesome. Plus he is a free agent, so he can look any way he wants, and looked good.

5. I agree with ya... if this was BIZZARRO WORLD! You have no taste in movies. WOO is an overrated butcher.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. Originally posted by Despair
    The story was too complicated for its own good, many parts didnt made any sence, action scenes were boring(run Tom run, that exploding aquariun sequence was awfull !!! ). I didnt like its characters, other than Ving Rhames and Jean Reno. Again, the whole part on the train with suction cups and exploding gum was stupid. And Cruise was a wimpy super agent.
    I think you missed the point of the movie.

No argument will ever be strong enough to prove that Mission Impossible 2 isn't one of the worst and unlogical movies ever made.

7. So, What was the point then?

I'm not arquing that MI2 is very logical either, but at least it was fast moving, had some cool stunts and action scenes, and good direction and style. MI pretty much bored me to death. Yawn

8. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can David Fincher sell out any more???!!!???

I thought both previous MI films were garbage. I'm sure Fincher would be able to make an intelligent and gripping third installment, but the question is, will the studio (and Tom Cruise) let him?

It'll be interesting to see. After Fox butchered Fincher's original version of Alien3, he swore that he'd never be a studio whore again.

We'll see. I'm a huge fan of Fincher, so I'll be keeping my eye on this one for that reason ONLY.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010