Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y (3DS)

1. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y (3DS)

Worldwide release date: October 12th

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/

New starter Pokemon! Plus the classic starter Pokemon! And there's Mega-Evolved Pokemon! Discuss!

Last edited by Geo; 07 May 2014 at 10:19 AM.

2. I beat the first gym leader yesterday. First ever Pokemon badge.

I really like the look of this game with the visuals and the 3D environments.

3. Apparently there's a glitch where your game can freeze trying to load a save in the main city. No word yet if there's any kind of fix coming, but I'd avoid saving there to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

oooh. megastones are eternal use huh? niceness.

5. The nice thing about Mega Evolutions is that it doesn't take up a whole turn. You choose to evolve AND use a move in the same turn, so you can really turn shit around if things aren't going your way.

also, if you want to evolve pancham, you have to get him to lvl 32. and have a dark pokemon in your party when he levels to 33.

7. But then you get a badass panda.

8. I guess this game has some charm to it, but goddamn it feels so unpolished. The menu design, graphics, framerate. I mean, Christ, they couldn't puzzle out how to get freaking 3D working throughout most of the game. First party. WTF. It feels like a fan project. Not what I would (and we should) expect from such a powerhouse multi-billion dollar series.

But heck, I bought it almost entirely on hype, so there ya go. GG, Nints.

9. I have the feeling Game Freak is pretty uncomplicated, like they bring in piles of money but they put it away for their kids' college Wii U, hahahaha. They probably made it on the same computers used to make Pokemon Red and Blue.

i think it looks pretty nice, but it really feels like they just couldn't figure out a better solution for stuff like that awful camera in the big town, the analog movement being the weirdest clunkiest shit before you get the skates, the stereoscopic 3D (which they claimed was to make the graphics better, but come on), probably so much other stuff i haven't seen yet. Black or White 2 or whatever it was felt like it wasn't even a step above the original Gameboy games, so lowered expectations work really well in their favor.

Oh yeah, the menu really blows. Is there a map? I can only find it by going through the Pokedex, and it feels like everything besides saving and items is handled by randomly selecting menu options until you get the right one.
    Donk

10. I thought about buying this for 2 minutes than I remembered every time I get a new Pokemon game it's the same damn thing but with different Pokemon. I decided to get back to my copy of Pokemon Conquest instead
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert