Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 689101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien: Isolation

1. Apparently the Rift support that they demonstrated at E3 and said wouldn't be in the released game is in the released game if you flip some switches in some config files.

This game sounded pretty cool already but I think I have to buy this now.

2. I feel like this is too scary for VR.

3. Agreed, I doubt I could play this with a VR headset, however cool the premise sounds. I played about an hour and have been in no immediate danger whatsoever but had been sweating nearly every step of the way.

4. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that were true. I definitely felt that way about PT.

But I might have to try!

5. Will it work with DK1 as well as DK2?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Sounds like it, yeah:

Quote Originally Posted by some gaf dude
    Just tried it with my DK1, this is incredible. I didn't feel sick or dizzy not once. I am still just at the start of the game so no alien yet but the sense of presence was strong when I stood in a doorway and looked up at the ceiling and into the crevice of the doorway to the left and right. Also when I went into a ventilation duct, I could have sworn I could reach out and grab the light fixtures that were dangling inches away from my face. It's nice that the character's legs are modeled so if you look down, you actually see "your" feet and legs.

I only wish the resolution of the DK1 was much higher so I didn't have to squint to see into the distance or read certain things. Also, I noticed that any fog or steam seemed to have some sort of shimmery effect where it faded in and out of my view. It was kinda odd. I just want to walk around the ship and look at everything, it's so engrossing. Running it in "dupilicate these displays", it still seemed to perform at 60 FPS to me. Could be wrong on that though. Other than that, I don't think I can honestly play this game in VR because I'd have a heart attack, I'm just gonna say that right now.
    Thread with instructions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=908564
    Last edited by Tain; 08 Oct 2014 at 02:13 PM.

7. Thank you sir.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

I'm really surprised they made another Aliens game so soon after the last fiasco.

Glad to hear it's good, though.

9. It's surprisingly good! The worst parts of it are the bits that mark it out as a video game as it's starting out --you have to be at spot X after event Y ONLY despite having a bunch of other possible solutions, that kind of thing. It starts to get in to a flow after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I'm really surprised they made another Aliens game so soon after the last fiasco.

Glad to hear it's good, though.
    I kind of expect that after all the built up tension and suspense is at its height, you finally come face to face with the alien, and it gets stuck on a pipe or a door handle or something.