Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Quality MP3 Player

1. Looking for a Quality MP3 Player

The title says it all. I want a quality mp3 player. Something that isn't an iPod that will be used primarily for music. I used to have SanDisk Sansa Fuze that was perfect until my kids broke it. SanDisk no longer makes it and getting one used these days is usually 2 times more expensive than they were new. Drag and drop and microSD expansion are desirable.

Fuck, I was going to suggest Sansa too, I love mine.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but the iPod "classic" or whatever it's called (no touch screen) is pretty good if you just want to listen to music. They're around $70-$90 (used) on eBay for 60-80gb, and the sound quality is more than acceptable for something portable. There is a fair amount of "fuck iTunes" software out there that'll let you drag and drop and edit id3 tags without having to use iTunes (which is a total piece of shit on Windows, and is quickly becoming one on OS X) I had my iPod for about 10 years before selling it, and it worked without an issue the whole time. The new iPods are fragile little princesses, but the old ones are manly tanks.

This price (4gb for $40) isn't bad for the player you used to have. We used to have one at the bar I used to work at for playing music over the PA between bands, and I never had a bad experience with it.

After digging up some reviews and (checking prices on eBay/Amazon/etc) the old iPod seems to have the best cost to space ratio, though some other players have more bells and whistles (voice recording, fm tuner, pedometer, playback of snooty file types)

I think it depends on how much music you have and what format it's in as opposed to whether or not you think Apple is riding the Douche Train to the Shithead Olympics. (they totally are)

4. Yeah, I have a 160gb iPod Classic. It's great. Fuck the touchscreen one, however.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Yeah, my biggest problem with iPods is having to use iTunes as I think the devices themselves are quite nice. If I don't go with a used Sansa, I might have to look into that classic player with the "fuck iTunes" software. Thanks for the info.

6. This isn't a Korian thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

iTunes software is the goddamned worst, guaranteed.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    This isn't a Korian thread?
    Helpful as usual I see.

9. What's the reason you can't use a phone for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Battery life? Storage space?