Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Hot Stove League Thread

2013-2014 Hot Stove League Thread

Free agency begins November 5. It's time to put up or shut up, Sandy.

2. Last week Cincinnati named Bryan Price (Red's pitching coach for the past 4 seasons) their new Manager.

He's done some great work with the pitching staff over those years but I'm not sure what to expect from him taking over the bigger job.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. The Dodgers declined the options of Mark Ellis and Chris Capuano. It looks like Alexander Guerrero is going to just be handed second base. I'm glad to see Capuano gone though. He was effective in the first year of his contract, but this year he had way too many games where he gave up five runs within the first two innings. He was painful to watch.

4. Blue Jays named a new hitting coach today. Hopefully this means less fuck it lets swing for the fences. Which I approve of normally, but not when your whole team is hitting 200 for months at a time.

The first overpriced free agent is re-signed by the Yankees.

That's a lot of money to pay solely for a Rivera-style farewell tour.

edit: And the Mets have officially bought out the last year of Santana's contract. I still hope they bring him back at a significant discount, especially with the gaping Harvey hole.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 01 Nov 2013 at 02:38 PM.

6. Everyone's favorite Fox analyst Tim McCarver retired and so comes the search for a new guy. Looks like Harold Reynolds may be the one. Not a massive fan of him at all but whatever. Can they toss Buck too?

No, give Buck more games to keep him away from the NFL. Buck should do every non-Mets broadcast Fox does.

I have no idea how accurate this site is, but I like their Top 50 Free Agents with Predictions.

They have the Mets landing Granderson, Drew, Arroyo, and Halladay. I'd rather take a chance on Santana than Halladay personally.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 04 Nov 2013 at 02:17 PM.

9. Jays have decided not to qualify Josh Johnson. Probably for the best based on last season, but I suspect he'll sign somewhere warm and win the Cy Young.

A guy who will be 34 and hit .251 with eight homers and 38 RBIs in 122 games is worth $10.5M over two years to a team with a reputation for being frugal.