Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping

1. Sleeping

Bed...so good

2. I will be taking a nap in approximately 20 minutes, and am looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. I love it so much. Though I'm not that good at it. I wake up a lot. Sometimes I enter these sweet-ass limbo states where I'm asleep, but just conscious enough to fully appreciate the recharging that is taking place. It's quite divine, like I'm slurping energy fuel nectar from a celestial goblet.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I will be taking a nap in approximately 20 minutes, and am looking forward to it.
    Naps are the best.

They're dangerous for me though. I always plan on half hour power naps. Then my alarm goes off, I realize how tired I am and reset it for forty minutes later, then I'm so tired I don't even wake up for that alarm, sleep for the rest of the day

5. I've always had bad sleeping habits and often feel like I don't ever have enough sleep. When I was a teenager, I'd usually sleep 12-16 hours on the weekends to feel well rested. Even when I manage 8-12 hours (which is rarely possible anymore due to having a child) I still don't feel like I've slept long enough. It can be very hard for me to get out of bed in the morning but I manage and I like to wake up with my son in the morning so I can spend time with him. When I was taking adderall on a regular basis, one of my favorite parts about the drug was the fact that it'd often (but not always) wake me up and having me feeling energetic but even when I was taking it, I'd sometimes nod off if I was doing something like sitting in a meeting or in class. I wake up a good bit at night and if I take something to help me fall/stay asleep (benadryl, benzos, otc sleep aids), I wake up super groggy and even more tired feeling.

I never really gave much thought to the idea that I may have some type of medical condition that has me always feeling tired. The possibility that I have narcolepsy has been brought up recently however and I'll likely be having some type of tests done soon. I never knew much about it before and I thought it was just some disease that made people randomly fall asleep throughout the day. It's actually a disease that causes your body to basically go directly into REM sleep and remain there throughout the sleep cycle. Because of my constant tiredness and the fact that I start dreaming as I start to fall asleep (but am not completely there) and that my dreams often continue in a way after I have woken up, this was suggested to me. I'll have to do tests where my sleep is monitored to help with a diagnosis. The sucky part is that I don't really know if there's all that much they can do with the currently available medical science to help alleviate the problem. As far as I know, the only partial "solution" that exists is to go back on a stimulant medication; which I'm not too gung-ho about. I may give consideration to going back on a very low dosage of adderall (maybe the 5mg XR pills) if the doctor thinks that it will be helpful because since I've been off drugs in general (for the most part), the fatigue has been really brutal and more apparent than it was in the past because I wasn't dealing with it so much when I was regularly taking various substances.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Don't take any more drugs, imo.

For a little while there I was sleeping for three hours twice a day. This is the BEST sleep. Hard to schedule that these days though. Now I end up sleeping for 5-6 hours a night, with the occasional 12-14 hour hibernation.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Don't take any more drugs, imo.
    This is true. 5 mg's of Adderall seems like nothing, in and of itself it's not, but the Adderall can lead to harder substances (meaning not that it's a gateway drug but that if you've been sober and go back to stimulants, chances are eventually you're going to be fucking with harder uppers and also downers). It's definitely a slippery slope out there.

Congratulations on getting clean Gohron! One of the hardest things to do in life by far. I'm very impressed. Keep up the good work! 1 day at a time
    Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 04 Nov 2013 at 11:27 AM.

8. Yeah, you guys are probably right. It's funny how these things manage to sneak back into your mind. I think my best bet may be picking up a well invested caffeine habit instead. I have been getting out for some long walks with my son and the exercise has been giving good results.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Stop trading stimulants for other stimulants imo

I finally have a regular day-to-day schedule. This has done wonders for my ability to get to sleep early enough so that I can actually drag my ass out of bed early enough in the morning. I can attribute at least 50% of how well the day is going by how well it started.