Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeping

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Stop trading stimulants for other stimulants imo
    While I understand what you're saying, I think I'll be ok with an occasional Amp or coffee in the morning when I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. The two are barely comparable IMO. Adderall is like being wide awake after a night of heavy drinking and two hours of sleep while caffeine is just a little push, for me anyway. Oh yeah, minus the psychosis, detachment, anxiety, and dangerously elevated heart rate too.

Caffeine messes with my stomach. Really my best bet is to get on a better and consistent exercise regime. When I was running 4+ miles per day, I usually had a sort of "high" with an elevated mood and increased energy on the days I ran. My knees are a little beat up now but I think doing some daily baseball workouts will suffice. The batting cages are a great workout. I'd suggest it to anyone who is able to do intense cardio stuff; even if you don't like baseball much. It works your entire body and gets the heart and lungs working pretty good.

2. I disagree with Josh, I think caffeine is totally fine. No danger of getting back into bad habits with coffee or a red bull imo. Though if it messes with your stomach, fuck it

A consistent exercise regime is definitely the ideal option, you're right

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    For a little while there I was sleeping for three hours twice a day. This is the BEST sleep.
    This is not too far off from age-old (and apparently ideal) human sleep patterns. Up until the invention of artificial lighting, normal sleeping involved 2 cycles - - going to bed not long after dark and sleeping for 3-5 hours. Then waking up in the middle night for a good hour or so (yes, usually to have sex, particularly if you were illiterate and didn't feel obligated to update your memoirs). Then back to sleep for another stretch. Electric lights fucked that routine thoroughly. I tried this out last weekend. I gotta say, it works well. Too bad it's fairly impractical nowadays.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

I wish it wasn't so impractical. It's awesome.