Thread: Risk of Rain

1. Risk of Rain

Anybody trying this out? It looks pretty cool, I think. Never heard of it before I saw it on Steam today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248820/

2. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I backed the Kickstarter because I kept going back and replaying the demo, and the full game is even better. It's got a problem where some menus are fine with a gamepad and others need the mouse, but in-game controls do what I tell them every time. It could use some more graphics options in the setup menu, though.

James

3. This game is freaking awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-10_00005.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	72425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-10_00003.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	72426

4. This game is okay. There's a lot of choices which really slow everything down, like being unable to move and shoot at the same time and everything including defensive abilities being on an cooldown system. It's better in some ways than using something like ammo but it makes the game kind of bursty, where I'm either putting space between me and the enemies/waiting for cooldowns or attacking, but never both at the same time. I'd say probably a good 75% of what I've played has been sitting on some platform out of reach of the enemies while I hit the attack buttons and wait for the good ones to come off cooldown, all but being able to read a book at the same time that I clear levels since I don't even need to look at the screen at that point. The time-based difficulty also contributes to the game feeling super slow.

There's some good ideas in here and I'll play to at least unlock some other classes, but it could stand to be more, uh, "interactive," for lack of a better word. The wacky menus like James mentioned also need to be fixed. Very cute art, in any case.