Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)

1. Planet Robobo
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Yeah, Triple Deluxe was fantastic. I think it was the best since Adventure on NES anyway, but all of the Kirby games are at least pretty good.
    All of the normal ones. I couldn't get into mass attack or the line ones.

That planet robobot looks pretty nice.

Seeing it in motion makes me wonder why the sonic games used that mechanic.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    All of the normal ones. I couldn't get into mass attack or the line ones.
    Mass Attack is fantastic and the line ones are both great. Kirby's Return to Dreamland is the only one i've been disappointed in, and that's mostly because of the music.
    Donk

The worst was the Metroid style one with the cell phones. Shit was good on paper but tragic in reality.

Triple Deluxe kind of blew me away. As someone who has played most of these, it's definitely way up there.

6. It's because Kirby and the Amazing Mirror was a Flagship game and Flagship wasn't very good.
    Donk

I played through Triple Deluxe last year while I was moving, right before my son was born so I didn't really post about it, but yeah, it's outstanding. I think it's my favourite of the main line at least, like Finch, Kirby's Adventure is the only one that can even hang in my opinion (I've played around half of them). It made great use of the 3D, and is an absolutely beautiful game. The last boss is easily my favorite in recent memory.

It also felt way more challenging than any other Kirby games. This is not to mistake it for a tough or challenging game by any stretch, but definitely feels like it was focused more toward gamers raised on 2D platformers. It has a hint of Super Mario World feel to me.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...