Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Wind Rises - Miyazaki's swan song (probably for real this time)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Also i'm pretty sure this was his "Fuck it, this is for me" film.
    I completely agree. How did this logic lead to Hideaki Anno being not only a voice actor, but the LEAD ROLE in this Pearl Harbor design retrospective? So odd.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    What made you love it so much Finch?
    probably spoilers

The music, the visuals, the depiction of the wind, the slow pace, Hideaki Anno's voice, the occasional escape into nonsense, the sweetness of the relationship between Jiro and Naoko, the depiction of the fleeting nature of life, the clouds, the honesty, the mechanical aspects of the airplanes, the design, the big metal parts, the roofs, the houses, the mackerel bone, the blood on the canvas, the cigarettes, the drafting tools, Caproni, Jiro's boss and his boss, the planes exploding into nothing, the need for beauty, the longing, the three letters, the impromptu wedding, the cocoons, the Great Kanto earthquake, Castorp's non-Japanese voice actor, ,__, the zero fighters going to the white band in the distant sky
    Donk

3. Just came back from seeing this. It was utterly beautiful and now I'm depressed.

James

Just got back. He gets it. Now I have a movie to hand people when they ask me "why engineer?"

watch the wind rises, and you'll know.

Also, it is a beautiful movie. It is probably the best movie in the theater right now.

5. ever except for Life Aquatic
    Donk

yes, the Bill Murray anomaly

also, when the fuck is 'this' going to enter my life?

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill_Murray_grand_budapest.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	73651