Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Audio

1. Car Audio

Who has done car audio upgrades? I have a 93 Saturn SC2 in prime condition, minus two blown factory speakers. I replaced them ( front & back). I went to Amazon and bought both sets shipped for under the $79.99 price tag both Best Buy and Fry's wanted for 1 pair.

But, before I install them I wanted to buy some sound deading material to add to the doors. Has anyone done this, have recommendations?

also: I want to be a hipster fuck and keep my AM/FM factory tape player. What is the best method to be able to listen to my ipad while keeping the original radio?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 23 Nov 2013 at 10:43 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Re: iPad and tape deck:

Monster iCarPlay Cassette Adapter 800 for iPod and iPhone -3 feet
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DW92IE/..._am_us?ie=UTF8

You have no idea how much sound you lose through a tape adaptor. The tape revival makes no sense. The cassette is, literally, the worst format since those wax cylinders that were the jam back when your grandpa's grandpa was out kicking ass.

Stop being a stupid asshole.

Source: just replaced the tape adaptor in my mom's VW.

For sound deadening I've always packed the door full of cotton. There are better ways, but I get SO ANGRY whenever I take door panels off.

4. I was hoping for some direct-wiring nonsense.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

If the factory stereo has an option for a cd changer there is probably a place online that has made an aux adapter for it.

6. I may do what my dad did with his 68 Mustang and split the wires and mount a separate audio deck under the glove compartment. Is there a compact radio/Aux input with this nonsense in mind?

I'll sell you a head unit with an iPod in and an aux in for $50. It used to be in my Scion.

8. The tape revival makes no sense. The cassette is, literally, the worst format since those wax cylinders that were the jam back when your grandpa's grandpa was out kicking ass. http://www.google.com
    Last edited by arjue; 16 Oct 2014 at 09:08 PM.

New Cassette Alert.

10. Is it spam season already?