Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Frozen

1. Frozen

I know this board is full of animation nerds (some of whom even work in the industry), so how the hell does this not already have a thread? Anyway, I'll just leave this here...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...es/8507-Frozen

...and say that, having just seen it, Bob is spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. I have not seen this Internet Video Critique of Frozen.

I can say that I enjoyed the heck out of it, though. It took me completely by surprise! I think Disney done grown up a bit with a few of the themes, too.

3. ...aaaaaand I watched the video. Yeah, that guy is pretty spot on. ESPECIALLY about the "Let It Go" number. A Disney musical number has NEVER hit that hard before. WOW. I would recommend just seeing the movie before watching it, though. I went into this movie cold lol and I think it worked better for it. I will say this much, though: Most of what makes this movie so great is NOT in the trailer. MurveyBerb is right in saying that they focus way too much on Olaf, who is far more entertaining than the trailers make him out to be and not NEARLY as prevalent or important.

Also, there's a pretty fun Mickey short before this. Come on, how can you beat that?

Go and watch. You will enjoy.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Also, there's a pretty fun Mickey short before this. Come on, how can you beat that?
    LOL, the movie itself was so good I forgot about how great the short was. I won't spoil the gimmick, but suffice to say it's wonderfully inventive, and worth the surcharge for 3D all on its own.

5. I was planning on seeing this yesterday, but my girlfriend hit traffic coming home from Maryland. I'm going to try and push to see it tonight, trailers for it look amazing.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. I think The Escapist liked Frozen just a little more than I did, but not by much. I wish they'd reigned in the girly-pop on the songs and spaced them out through the movie a bit better, although I'm not sure how one would have fit in near the end. A lot of fun overall, though.

Kind of surprised the Olaf the Snowman bit that was used to promote the movie was its own separate short that didn't actually show up anywhere in the film.

James

7. I enjoyed it greatly, especially the "Let It Go" sequence. That was very refreshing and the song was catchy! I liked that the movie deviated from the typical Disney princess formula and made the villain less important than the relationship between the stars. That made the plot seem much more real than other princess movies. I especially liked how the ending wasn't typically "masculine hero saves the day and they all live happily ever after." Having Anna be the one to save Elsa was a nice twist that really showed how the sister's relationship was the real star.. Hurray for strong female characters!

I'm definitely liking this move more than the other princess films, and my daughter Kimberly does too.

8. Good on Disney for just posting it themselves, uncut and in full 1080p, rather than trying to shoot down the inevitable 10 million shitty pirate versions. And goddamn, between the character animation, the ice effects, and Idina Fucking Menzel, this may just be the best musical sequence Disney's ever done.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 06 Dec 2013 at 07:38 PM.

9. IAWTP. That sequence is amazing. I love that song!

10. Fuck that's good. I need to see that movie
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.