Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Saga- my review

1. Originally posted by johnk_
    anyone remember the ads sega took out for PDS in magazines like EGM?

it was a cutout of the main character's face, and the idea was that since you probably wouldn't be able to get a copy of the game (only something like 10,000 copies were made), you could use the face cutout to wear as a mask so you could...uh.. "experience" the PDS world or something like that..

lame.. only sega would take out an ad like that..
    i remeber that, it was quite a piss of for me to look at it since i had bought a saturn prior to the games release just to play that single game but no copies of saga where shipped to canada (thats what all the clerks told me). still...i do admit it was quite a ballsey thing for sega to do, you just have to question their intentions in wasting ad money just on taunting and infuriating gamers who couldnt find the game.

2. Neat review. Panzer Dragoon Saga is my second favorite Saturn game and one of the best rpg's I've ever played. Personally the graphics don't bother me, but thats prob because I still play alot of my older uglier Saturn games so I'm used to the boxey models and mega-pixels. The CG in the game was terrible though, most wasn't even CG anyway though, so whatever.

Next you should play Dragon Force. That's one game that never get's old and is highly addictive.

3. Nice review. I am planning to pull out all 3 Panzer games again in the near future to psych myself up for PD Orta. Woohoo!!

4. i'm playing through PDS right now, and i'm loving every minute of it.

first game in a long time that has really captivated me, and kept me sitting in front of my TV