Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: Official Thread of Michael Pachter Predictions

1. Minidisc was awesome.

If Xbox turned into a Steam machine style platform that wasn't as horrible as Steam machines I'd be okay with that.

2. Zunes were great, too. Alas.

Why do you think Xbox going cheap and open-platform is a possibility? What winds of MS' corporate hubris are you reading the leaves on that exhibit that sort of trajectory in the vaguest fashion?

I think it is largely saying what the crowd wants to hear, but this did happen recently.

4. My guess is that any open source Windows would be like Android today, where the base stuff is open source but anything that makes Windows Windows is locked down.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Why do you think Xbox going cheap and open-platform is a possibility? What winds of MS' corporate hubris are you reading the leaves on that exhibit that sort of trajectory in the vaguest fashion?
    I'm not sure they would outright (perhaps a PC full Xbox client alongside a console platform release in a generation or two), but considering how things go with the future Live implementation and "shared" games I could see them toying with it.

6. Official Thread of Michael Pachter Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a safe bet. The One's selling fine, not as great as the PS4, but it's still good numbers.

It's insane to me that anyone thinks that any of the big three will have the self-awareness to bow out on a good note; They're going keep building their next Hindenburgs no matter the doomsayers and protests, and that neuron that tells them to abandon ship ain't gonna fire until they're half-cooked from the flames.

Fuckssakes, we're talking about the companies that brought stuff like the Zune, the E-Reader, and the Minidisc to market, and fought to bring their corpses to life for a while.

Cogent predictions and urgings of sensible caution don't stop these trains from departing. Stock is taken only following the derailment.
    The new CEO of Microsoft has no interest in selling Zunes. He wants to have regular Windows run on everything and adapt to what it is running on. Not selling giant custom boxes with a custom OS and a separate development infrastructure.

It's not about doom and gloom just the direction they are heading in. Sony appears to be quite happy pushing custom boxes. No surprise considering their CEO is a game guy.

Back to actual Pachter predictions: no current gen price drops at E3. This one I believe, as bigger HDDs and better/more pack-ins make more sense to me at least.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Back to actual Pachter predictions: no current gen price drops at E3. This one I believe, as bigger HDDs and better/more pack-ins make more sense to me at least.
    Both systems have had rumblings/leaks of a 1TB core system with no price drop.

I slapped a 1TB into my One, proceeded to download everything I've gotten and still have over the 500gb that the original launched with.

Heck, the One already had an official 1TB release with the ugly ass CoD bundle.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Heck, the One already had an official 1TB release with the ugly ass CoD bundle.
    Showing how much I care about CoD, but when you're right...