Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edge of Tomorrow

1. No one seems to be all that jazzed about the ending. I agree, they went way Hollywood with it, but it wasn't terrible...just very generic and by-the-numbers, unfortunately.

2. Eh, I didn't think too much about it either way.

From some dude on reddit-

People seem confused by Tom Cruise being reset all the way back to the helicopter and I'm not sure why. He reset 24 hours just like he had been the entire movie. The first time he got the power was on the beach. The second time he got the power, it was before the beach assault even started, hence him getting reset back to the helicopter.

The tricky part comes when you try and figure out why the Omega was still dead when Cruise reset. I think I may have an explanation though...

The first time Cruise gets on the beach he kills an Alpha and steals its Time Loop power. Cruise resets and goes through the beach assault over and over again. But what do we never see again? The Alpha on the beach.

I think that by stealing the Alpha's power, he stole it's ability to reset along with him, making him permanently dead. So by that logic, when Cruise kills the Omega and steals its Time Loop Ability, he also takes away it's ability to reset.

So that's my theory! Please, poke holes in it or show me a better theory! That's part of the fun of this movie, trying to explain the ending!

I liked the ending. No problems with it at all. My theory

I figured that the Omega existed in all of its time realities that it rewound. I was thinking that every time cruise was reset, that time line still played out. they still lost, and mimics started doing there thing. When he killed the Omega, i just figured that since it existed at all times in all of those timelines, it exploded in all those realities. Like that episode of Dr.Who, Big Bang, it just died in every reality it existed in.

4. Well I'm glad you guys have theories that somewhat make sense because I was just thinking it was hollywood being hollywood.

Decided to check out the manga. little difference, but pretty much the same concept. Except Cage and Rita are giant battle axe wielding berserkers. i would have liked to had seen that.