Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Service in Modern Anime

Fan Service in Modern Anime

Just gonna leave this here. All of this is from normal animes. No hentais were used

I don't know if HSotD counts as normal anime.

'80s and '90s anime girls had no ass at all and now they have badonkadonks. I approve.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_night_anime
    In most cases, a production committee (a group of several related companies) buys a time slot from a TV station. This process is known as brokered programming, and is similar to how infomercials are broadcast. Therefore, unlike ordinary programs, production companies are sponsoring companies as well. This way, TV stations can fill the time slots with low viewership, while production companies can advertise their products (anime DVDs) at a lower cost. Since a production’s purpose is to promote the title to fans, low ratings or a lack of sponsors is of little concern. Consequently, the number of late night anime is increasing. The fact that they rely on the sales of DVDs means that these anime are virtually the same as OVAs, except that they get a chance to be promoted. This is why "pure" OVA series have decreased rapidly.
    The rise of late night anime and "buy the DVD/Bluray for uncensored boobies" is probably a big reason for the fanservice escalation.

But, hey, look on bright side! The fact these anime have to air on TV first means they can't even approach the levels of a true OVA like Wicked City!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387511710.254826.jpg 
Views:	622 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	72831

5. Sex?! Oh, the humanity!

6. There's a biiiiiggggg difference between "sex" and "creepy" that a ton of Anime crossed long ago.

lol at that popsicle, btw

8. By the by, there are some bits in that AMV from Kujibiki Unbalance that are from a more fun origin!

Kujibiki Unbalance is intentional drek made as a parody of all anime cliches to use as anime scenes for nerds to watch on the Genshiken TV show. Genshiken is a manga and show about otaku culture that is definitely one of my favorite things. Kujibiki was TOO POWERFUL, though and became more popular than Genshiken itself! It spawned its own series with the last few episodes of the first Genshiken series as afterthought OAVs included as bonuses on the TV show! Thankfully that didn't last long and we're now in season 2.5 alpha of Genshiken on CrunchyRoll.

I mean, look at this shit. It's such a great parody... but it's TOO well done...

Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_night_anime

The rise of late night anime and "buy the DVD/Bluray for uncensored boobies" is probably a big reason for the fanservice escalation.

But, hey, look on bright side! The fact these anime have to air on TV first means they can't even approach the levels of a true OVA like Wicked City!
    this also explains why they've been so aggressive in not letting us make good blurays. They're protecting a horrible business model.

10. Reverse importation is evil! Who needs profits, anyway?