Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNK Playmore 2014 Official Calendar

1. SNK Playmore 2014 Official Calendar

Link at neo-geo.com forum

Were you expecting hand drawn SNK 2D art on this calendar? I was, and I am disappointed. Sorry if you feel the same. On the cover there's Athena, Terry (who actually looks OLDER than Geese), Haohmaru, Geese, and Blue Mary. Except for the Blue Mary 3D render, none of these are that great. Too bad Shinkiro isn't a freelancer so he could work for both Capcom & SNK.

Shinkiro did SNK illustrations the way they should be. Urban Muse has loads of his work shown in a retrospective (56K warning!), both for Capcom and SNK. The Resident Evil ones are some of his best, IMO. If there's a Capcom vs. SNK 3, I'll look forward to seeing his art for that one.

I sure hope we are not ending up with a 3D KOF XIV. Any 3D KOFs should be put in the Maximum Impact series.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 22 Dec 2013 at 11:05 PM.

2. That looks terrible, what a far cry from Shinkiro's amazing work.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post

I sure hope we are not ending up with a 3D KOF XIV. Any 3D KOFs should be put in the Maximum Impact series.
    I'd rather see SNK survive, personally.

4. Quit lying to yourself.
    SNK died long ago.

5. You're right. SNK died on March 1, 2001. The day Neo Geo World shut down, taking Band of Fighters with it. Imagine Rock-afire Explosion with animatronic versions of Kyo, Athena, Iori, and Terry. Gone.

To never play Arashi no Saxaphone II for the wide eyed children again. Forever.

6. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    You're right. SNK died on March 1, 2001. The day Neo Geo World shut down, taking Band of Fighters with it. Imagine Rock-afire Explosion with animatronic versions of Kyo, Athena, Iori, and Terry. Gone.

To never play Arashi no Saxaphone II for the wide eyed children again. Forever.
    that was the day the world ended

we all died that day, we just didn't know it
    Donk

7. http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Neo_Geo_World

Ghost Hunter - an attraction where players can use a laser-guided play gun to shoot real ghosts.
    you could shoot real ghosts

could you also befriend real ghosts...
    Donk

8. I've only ever known of one friendly ghost.
    I have truly learned something today.
    Thank you, senpai!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    that was the day the world ended

we all died that day, we just didn't know it
    Mankind's greatest regret was to at once have Arcadia and El Dorado and Shangri-la at the same time, in the same spot. And then lose it.