Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3949515253

Thread: Completion Thread: 2014 (Goals of Your Mind)

1. you dun goofed

2. Coming into last year, my goal was to complete as many games as possible to 100%, hoping for 50 or more. I did not forsee all the sales that would be coming. With tons of games going on sale for pennies every week it became hard for me to stay focused on all the ones I was starting. My goal quickly changed to "just finish some games". This year I'm going to just post them each as I finish them instead of trying to be cool like Rocca, this post took like 4 hours over 2 days to make lol. And you bet your ass this is TLDR material.

1. Demons Souls (PS3)
    Had planned to Platinum this. Still will someday.

2. Diablo 3 (360)
    Had planned to 1000/1000 this. Probably won't.

3. Ducktales Remastered (360)

4. The Wolf Among Us (360)

5. Trials HD + DLC (360)

6. Trials Evolution + DLC
    (360)
    Possibly the best Trials game, had a go at it on my offline profile while on vacation in an attempt to do a speed run.

7. Trials Fusion (360, PS4) + DLC (360) 640/700, 15/16 Trophies
    Had to double dip on this one. It plays so much smoother on PS4 that it has become my favorite version. Considering picking up the DLC once it's all out and discounted. The DLC so far has been stellar on 360, besides the size. Only a handful or tracks with each one, adding up to a decent package, but in the long periods between installments it feels shitty. At one point about four months ago I was ranked 337 overall on the 360, and I'm good with that.

8. South Park: The Stick of Truth (360)

9. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    (360) 400/400
    Thought the game was pretty enough, but I didn't enjoy playing it. The control scheme felt obvious and obtuse all at once, the "story" was stupid and forgettable, and the whole time I just wanted it to be over. At least it was very short, and was on sale once for like $2.

10. Hitman: Absolution (360) 1000/1000
    THIS game, man. They did this game right. I had no interest in playing this game originally (thought the trailer looked cool, but oh well). Then it was the Games with Gold game one month and I tried it, and all the pieces felt right. Executions were great, sometimes hilarious, and sometimes it was just as gratifying to not kill anyone. The stealth felt tight but flexible, lots of tools to use to do whatever you wanted, and then actually being able to use that theory to create your own contracts was a great idea. Played a few that TNLers had done and made at least one, but they were always good times. I enjoyed the narrative but I don't know a lot about the character so I probably missed a lot of references and stuff. Luckily the HD Trilogy was the free game for PS3 last month so I can try the older games!

11. Dark Souls 2 (360)
    I talked a little about this game once. With the three Crowns DLCs out, I could go on for-fucking-ever about this game and the things I like and don't and what's fun and builds for scenarios and all sorts of shit. In the end, having played all three Souls games this year, I'm ready to say that the first Dark Souls is in fact the best. 2 is the hardest. Demon's has the most 'Souls' atmosphere. This game is my favorite to play, however, as the mechanics are more refined and I very much enjoy a lot of the systems and improvements they have in place. Finished this game 6 full times this year, by far my most played game that isn't USF4.

12. Wheel Of Fortune (360) 1000/1000
    I like these types of things, and it's something the lady still likes to play. It was a real slog to finish 50 games for that final achievement, though.

13. Third Strike
    (360) 200/200
    Completed as in finally did a tournament or whatever it was to get the final achievement

14. Bejeweled 3 (360) 110/200
    See: description for Wheel Of Fortune.

15. Peggle 2 (360) 345/400
    Noticing a pattern? That All 180 Challenges achievement can fuck right off because some of that shit is dumb! Yup, just got angry at Peggle for a second!

16. Magic 2015: DotP
    (360) 195/500
    Bought 2012 on a whim back then and enjoyed it and have bought every one since. They're largely they same, thought in this one they made a really shitty menu system. Beat the main campaign and then collected every card. Was going to wait to have all the cards to go back for the hyper specific achievements, then didn't. Someday I'll be bored and remember I have them and load the game up for an hour and complete it. Maybe.

17. Diablo 3: RoS (360) 670/1000
    Totally counting this because I traded in my copy of D3 towards it, then started a new character and got them all the way through everything twice again. Still never hit 70, mainly because I didn't continue my 60 from before, but I got to like 67 or so before I stopped grinding.

18. LA Noire (360) 915/1400
    Saw the game and DLC on sale one day for under $10 total and decided to restart and finish it this time. Enjoyed some of the conversations and story, but overall it was a lot of slogging around and then just boring after the Vice desk. After finishing and beginning the collectible grind, I realized it was going to sit a while before I was ready for that kind of commitment. Hopefully the DLC story sections were good.

19. DoA5U (360) 840/1000
    I like the ideas in this game and I love watching it at high levels, but I am fuck awful at it (online). I'm glad I waited until it was on sale for $5 or so, I would have been mad to spend 60 on a game I endded up just wanting the achievements for. I've played almost all (95!) of the 100 online matches required, and I have won exactly 0 of them. I many times win two rounds, but I cannot finish that third! I get mad thinking about this game. MOVING ON!

20. Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (360) 160/400
    Played through both games a couple times, tried all the characters, thought they were pretty decent. Meant to play it co-op with Will and a work buddy and then just forgot about it amidst other things. And enjoyable time, will probably play it with the lady now that I have it on PS3 as well.

21. Jeopardy!
    (360) 710/1000
    Same thing as Wheel. And this time I mean the Same. Thing. The menus, characters, credits, loading screens, sets, achievements, EVERYTHING is the same as Wheel besides Alex Trebek. There is no "fast" way to get through 50 games of this. Fuuuuuuuuck.

22. Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeros (360) 550/1000
    Loved this level. Can't wait to play the whole game. Started going back through and getting S ranks and achievements and stopped a level short of all the normal missions. Could consider 22.5 as the PS4 version, on which I completed just the main Ground Zeros mission so far. It looks SO much nicer, when I go back again through the missions this will be the version I do it on.

23. Asura's Wrath (360)
    Played through it again for the fun story and awesome setpieces. Realized I had deleted all of my saved data and had to start over again, otherwise I would have just used the final guage and stuff to blitz through it. Such a wonderful game. Very shallow in some areas, but it's so badass and over the top that I don't care, I'll play through it again someday. I so wish they would have put Asura into USF4 instead of Degarbage.

24. World Of Tanks (360) 175/700
    This was a free game, not sure if it still is. Works much nicer on my 360 than my PC, where cheeks had convinced me to try it originally. A lot of fun and it feels really freaking good when you're with a squad who understands any kind of tactics, however its wholly frustrating when you're paired against a team like that with a bunch of random idiots. Didn't realize there had been 3 title updates with new achievements, I may have to get back into this.

25. Civilization Revolution (360) 135/1000
    Finished with the Romans and a Cultural win. First time ever playing this series, and I really enjoyed it! Planned to go back through and do all the types of victories from all the starting points, then I got halfway through an aggresive playthrough and stopped. It was the Gold game one month so I'm appreciative for the opportunity to try it anyways.

26. Motocross Madness (360) 250/500
    Another free one. Completed all the main races and missions. Was going to go clean up achievements but it's not a very good game so I decided not to.

27. PICROSS e
    Played through again 100% while waiting for e4.

28. PICROSS e2
    Played through again 100% while waiting for e4

29. PICROSS e3
    Played through again 100% while waiting for e4

30. PICROSS e4
    Oh Hey e4! Sure was nice of you to come along and give me more new Picross puzzles to play with and give me a couple extra puzzles for beating all the puzzles in the first three games! Dear whoever makes these things, you know you'll get my money, keep making these things!

31. PICROSS e5 (3DS)
    See! You made this thing and gained more of my money! You have won business, please continue! But why only give extra puzzles for the first 3 games again and not for e4? What did e4 do to you e5?!?

32. Theatrythm FF (3DS)
    Finished all songs on Normal and Expert with S ranks. Did about 30 different Dark Notes, wasn't a big fan of the mode above Expert though. Really enjoyed this game, except that I wanted to level everyone up, but only got Terra and Cloud to level 99 Will still pop it in from time to time, or if I can find Curtain Call for cheap I'll get back into it. Really enjoyable rhythm game.

33. Super Mario 3D Land
    (3DS)
    Wow, what an excellent game! I hadn't played a current Mario game since the first NSMB on DS, and this one just felt great. This game got the most use of 3D for me, since some of the levels were clearly built around it being in that mode. Not a big fan of the 3D otherwise, but the levels were tight and the action felt great and familiar but new at the same time, and the controls felt good. Would like to try the WiiU versions someday.

34. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PS4) 31/59 Trophies
    First experience with this game, and I absolutely love it. Holy crap, I've been playing it like mad in between everything else, unlocked all characters but The Lost, beat all areas except The Chest and the Boss Rush, and I just love the thrill of combining the items and unlocking more and everything! I don't think I'll have the skill or patience to get Platinum God, but I'll get mostly everything done.
    Last edited by Pineapple; 05 Jan 2015 at 01:24 AM.