Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3040424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2014 (Goals of Your Mind)

1. Wanna try a game of Lucky Hit?

2. 29. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

The way the dynamic armies work and tie into stealth/combat is legitimately great and I'd love to see further revisions of it. There's undeniable appeal in slaughtering countless Uruks and seeing all the ways you can affect their army. It kind of gave me a Shinobido vibe. The combat itself is straight out of the Batman games, with maybe a little bit more of a bite to it given how large and endless some of the fights can be, so it's awesome-looking but a bit too easy to master. I don't know how you'd fix that without throwing the system out. I liked this overall.

Phantasy Star: Master System

I played this a lot back in the day but never competed it.I was surprised that you don't really have to level up except in the beginning, the real challenge is finding everything one you get the spaceship.

I'm not gonna lie, I did use maps for the dungeons. Fuck those dungeons.

4. Sleeping Dogs (360)

In the end, a good alternative to Grand Theft Auto. Does a lot right (melee combat is good, but too simple compared to Arkham and I like how in-car shooting is handled), although the driving never feels good. You just get used to everything steering like a giant brick with weird physics holding it down. The re-master would be the way to go for this as the 360 version has a lot of pop in, screen tearing and major frame rate drops.

5. Click for full size

Forza Horizon 2.
    Completed the finale, which is to say a fraction of the game, but that's that. Still playing it, but figured this is as good to "Finished" in a sense as they have.

13. Alien: Isolation (PC, Hard)

Name:  2014-10-17_00001.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  9.1 KB

It's been said in many places, but this is so far and away the best use of this license ever that it bears repeating. Unfortunately, the common complaint of being a bit too long is also accurate. I wouldn't call this a "next gen" experience, but I thought the AI was well done and acted appropriately in most situations. It was even hard to tell the more scripted routines from the AI ones unless you die a few times and see the repetition in the scripted ones. I'm looking forward to the preorder extras and any DLC. What a great way to kick off what should be a stellar month.

2014 Totals
    Platform: 8 PC, 1 3DS, 1 NES, 1 PS1, 1 PS3, 1 Wii U

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Phantasy Star: Master System

I played this a lot back in the day but never competed it.I was surprised that you don't really have to level up except in the beginning, the real challenge is finding everything one you get the spaceship.

I'm not gonna lie, I did use maps for the dungeons. Fuck those dungeons.
    The dream sequence still freaks me out. This game was so far ahead of the other RPGs at the time, especially compared to FF or DQ.

8. 85. Guacamelee STCE

Really loved the original. What they added in the STCE surpassed my expectations, though granted, I didn't play the DLC, so I am unaware how much is brand new content (beyond Intenso mode) and what is repacakged DLC affair. Still one of the funniest games around (Hey bro? You want the stuffs? I can give you the stuffs). Just the right pitch of humor.

86. Strider 2

Short but really fun. Beat it three times.

87. DMC1 HD

Still a classic and it's age design-wise shows, but it's still full of charm. Rising out of Alastor? Still crazy dope.

88. DMC3 HD

First time playing it in HD, looks great. Forgot how much the maps were recycled in the 2nd half with the rotating tower bits.

89. ICE

A pretty fun, minimalistic strategy game on Android. Must have played 10 to 15 hours of it on varying size maps. Gave them some money to get bigger maps and send my support.

90. P4U2

300+ Challenges conquered, beaten with most of the cast (missing Adachi and one more) . Really fun, but even though it's a brimmingly well made game, something about the look of it doesn't appeal to me completely. Somehow I find more fun in BB.

9. Walking Dead Season One (Vita) Episodes 1-5 + bonus episode.

Can't wait for season 2. Man, this was good and the story was awesome. Really enjoyed it

10. Season 2 does not seem to be nearly as good as Season 1.